HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Post by Kares4Rush »

I know I'm a bit early on this but whatwithallImustdotomorrowIdidn'tknowifI'dhavethechance.

Happy Mom's day to all the awesome by-torean Moms. Goodness! I can't name them all.

T (ya love, leave a good tip after our "date") who is the awesome Mom of H and H'sDLB and others I can't name. A Rock'nRoll Mom with a penchant for brilliance and is not unwilling to pass it on to her offspring.

PV (supermom---saw it in person thank ged) I can't say enough about how you were with your daughters and how they respond in a hectic situation yet STILL have the energy and enlightenment to speak about the Professorrrrr with such incisiveness. You balance a White Russian with "grilled cheese for the kids" in a way that makes everything come out grand. :wink:

Panacea, I'm so sorry but I'm not sure if you have children or not but given what I know about what an awesome teacher you are you already have a passle that will do all the more better in their lives because of you. I know I have. :D

Schu...well, here's a Mom that will do anything for her weens. I mean this Mom goes all out to the point where she gives up so much here and in so many other areas of her life but knows that those who love her so much know that they come FIRST! THANK YOU!

I know there are so many others out there (orlando's Love Slave SHOW thyself!) and I didn't mean to single out a few as special.

I know we all have Moms and Grandmothers (or had them) and if not for them we wouldn't be the intelligent world-shakers and lovers that we are.

TO ALL THE RUSH/BY-TOREAN/REGULAR/FOSTER/SURROGATE Moms out there...

Happy Mother's Day... :D

and thank you

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Sorry if I seem confused, but do you celebrate Mother's Day at a different time to us in England as I remember getting a my wife a Mother's Day card, from out children, in March? :?:
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

a hi ho to all yee moters oot thar, have a goo'd dee
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I'm not sure Slaine, but in America it is the second Sunday in May. I know from Paddy in Ireland that it is a different day too. :oops:

Please forgive me for getting it wrong for you guys. I didn't mean to "Americanize" the holiday. But the sentiment is there. :)

*Kares hands out roses to the gals*

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

No need to apologise.

In that case, I'd like to wish all North American mothers a happy Mothers Day. I know how hard the job can be as I looked after our two for several months while the ball and chain went out to work for a while. (We were both suffering from depression - her stuck at home and me working at McDonalds so we did a swap for a while.)
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Yes, we celebrate Mother's Day at different times. I know my Brit friend who lives here has to buy her mother's day cards now and stockpile them for when it hits over there.

I thought it was March but wasn't sure.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Thanks Kares! I will make sure to leave a good tip, as long as the servers rock, but at the Orbit we know they will, eh? :wink:

And thanks for the Mother's Day wishes. I expect to have a decent one with my kids and my mum.
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

Happy mothers day mum!
as your gift i will watch H today....as long as she promises no biting!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

It is Mother's Day now, so happy Mother's Day to you all! :)

*Hands out gift baskets*
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Happy Mum's day, Mum! I'll watch Eagle and Dove in the am :wink:

wcp wrote:Happy mothers day mum!
as your gift i will watch H today....as long as she promises no biting!
Hey now! It was Chris what was doing the biting last time!

*Stalking me hoser bro*
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Yes, huzzah to all the mothers out there! Have a wonderful day.

And to all the children: be good to your mother. You never know when you're time is up.

Suddenly you were gone. From all the lives you left your mark upon.

I miss you Mom.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ouch, ER! This may be my last Mum's day with my mom, so I really hear you.

Craig, thank you dear. I hope she isn't too much trouble. :roll:

H, thank you as well. I hope they aren't too much trouble. Heheeh
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

she wasn't bad, we only had one incident, she refused to order from the kids menu apparently since she is 18 she is an adult pfftf not in the eyes of her big bro :)
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

He wouldnae let me ged three happy meals! :cry:

But Chris got three..and did he say no to that? Noooooo :roll:
wcp

Post by wcp »

chris paid for his own food, and the only reason you wanted 3 meals was to get 3 toys, even though they would have all been the exact same!
- Alex Lifeson