Dead Heads

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Dead Heads

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Just wondering if there are Grateful Dead fans out there. I'm just starting to get into them now but our local Record shops are useless. If you want a copy of OK Computer by Radiohead you're in luck, about 45% of the rack space seems to be filled with it, but if you want something a little more obscure, you're out of luck. (The Rush rack has got Rio and the Spirit of Radio and Retrospective 1 compliations and that's it.)
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Oi! Sorry to hear you're disc shop is crrrap. I'm a fellow appreciator of the Dead...don't own much of their stuff, but appreciate it quite a lot. (Three kids tends to do something to the ol' music budget, eh?) :wink:
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Slaine,
If youre not adverse to downloading and wish to own 'back up' copies of albums then give me a shout. I have many devious means at my disposal. :D
schuette

Post by schuette »

Like Kael I like them but haven't got any of their stuff....
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I never liked them...but then one day I was tripping my face off and my friend played a CD and I loved it then, hmmm.
We're all mad here!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Like Schu, I love them just enough to never buy any of their music :twisted:
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

LOL.

They're okai I guess. No albums here.
We're all mad here!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I must admit that a lot of my initial in the Dead came because of my sister's partner who is a major Dead-Head and used to play me a lot when I was about 12 or 13. I never got around to geting him to tapwe me any (remember, this was before PCs had CD writers) and I don't see them very often now. They did get me a copy of In the Dark for my birthday a couple of years ago and I love it (not as much as American Beauty though). If anyone's got WinMX, you'll notice that there's always a looooooooooooong queue for the Dead there.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Julie

Post by Julie »

I'm an old hippie dippy Deadhead from the Bay Area. :-D

Those were the days, I tell ya. :razz:

We've got a bunch of their cd's, but the boots are always the best.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

out on the road today, i saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac.. :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

happysmilies007 wrote:out on the road today, i saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac.. :-D

Did a little voice inside your head say "Don't look back, you can never look back"?
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

D'Anconia wrote:Did a little voice inside your head say "Don't look back, you can never look back"?
you know it, D! :P

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!