I GOT A GUITAR!!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

The Snow Dog

I GOT A GUITAR!!

Post by The Snow Dog »

just bought a guitar. an Ibanez electric guitar. it's perdy. also got a 50 watt Peavey amp, jack cord, shoulder strap, mic and mic stand... for 200 bucks all together. go me!
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Now that's a topic that will get my attention! Tell us more about the guitar! Model, color, features, etc. Want me to host a picture for you?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Most excellent!

*Stalking SD's guitar*
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Cool...let's jam :lol:
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Go for it my son. I'm still hoping to get myself a bass soon - I had to sell all my music gear while at University, including a gorgeous white Aria CTB2 bass. Since then, I've managed to pick up a couple of bits and pieces - a twelve string acoustic that has had the headstock broken off in the past and an Encore Strat copy I got for ?50 from the market, but still no bass. Now I've got two kids and a wife to support, I think it'll be a while still.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Congrats, Snow Dog! Those new package deals the guitar companies have nowadays really are great, aren't they? Enjoy!
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Congratz SD shred on !

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Go for it my son. I'm still hoping to get myself a bass soon - I had to sell all my music gear while at University, including a gorgeous white Aria CTB2 bass. Since then, I've managed to pick up a couple of bits and pieces - a twelve string acoustic that has had the headstock broken off in the past and an Encore Strat copy I got for ?50 from the market, but still no bass. Now I've got two kids and a wife to support, I think it'll be a while still.
evil, i'm not selling any of my gear when i go off to school, i'll sell anything but my studio, possibly because my bass was my fathers and i took oath that my acoustic would stay in the family from my uncle but no its all important, i could never part with my musical gear, the peices mean nothing, but its just how they were gained, the battles, and the time spent with them, i bet it was hard to sell such things.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Well it was either sell them, along with my cassette deck, most of my tapes and books, or be evicted, have no food or electricity.

Not much choice there.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Well it was either sell them, along with my cassette deck, most of my tapes and books, or be evicted, have no food or electricity.

Not much choice there.

thats rough... i feel for you.. i would ahve just starved lol
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

i'll get a piccy fer ya soon enough... just gotta take it.

but it's an EX 160 with an orange woodgrain finish. i'ma replace the tuners eventually with Grovers, but for now, they'll do. the amp's a Peavey 50 watt amp that cranks more than my bicycle, two channels and plenty of nobs to toggle. the strap's nice enough... I mean, it's a strap, and the strings are nice enough too. the case is only a step above a gig-bag, but it works for me, and the mic is excelent, as now I can REALLY mic my sax. and Awip, I didn't buy it from a factory, this was a used deal... but you can't tell.

and I found the exact same guitar ('cept it had a tremolo) online for 350 bucks. i'm feelin' good.

now I just gotta learn more chords.

and all, I leave you with this site:

www.MXtabs.net

not only is it rife with tablatures for bass, guitar and drums, but it's got 'lessons' about chord theory, playing technique and a whole bunch of other goodies.
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

A used deal? Rush on!
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

that's great man! keep on rockin in the free world!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

That's so exciting Snow Dog! You've got a great way with words...now put them to MUSIC! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

The Snow Dog wrote:the amp's a Peavey 50 watt amp that cranks more than my bicycle...
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...

*Stalking SD*
wcp

Post by wcp »

i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride it where i like
you say black, i say white
you say bark i say bite
you shark, i say hey man jaws was never my scene and i don't like star wars.
you say rolls, i say royst
you say god, gimmie a choice!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson