Wwwhhhhooooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Wwwhhhhooooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Post by Ogg »

Could well be the beginning of my mid-life crisis but I'm dusting down my album collection, NOT playing Rush and cranking up the hardest :twisted: ROCK :twisted: in my collection.
Pantera's VDOPower is providing much enjoyment (saw them in 1990!) as are various offerings from Fear Factory, Machine Head and early Korn.
What do you play when delving into the extreme?

ps: not the most extreme of choices but enough for me.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I'm not really one for the more extreme rock but, on the odd occasions I am, I usually go for Annihilator, Motorhead or Rage Aginst the machine.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, this isn't extreme now, but it once was. I go for the Black Sabbath. The early stuff with John, when I want something hard. May sound strange, but a good dose of old Sabbath cheers me right up when I am down like nothing else will. A little The Wizard, a bit of After Forever, some Hand of Doom, oh! and some Laguna Sunrise (definitely NOT extreme, sorry) just ged me right back on track.
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Slaine mac Roth

awip2062 wrote:Okay, this isn't extreme now, but it once was. I go for the Black Sabbath. The early stuff with John, when I want something hard. May sound strange, but a good dose of old Sabbath cheers me right up when I am down like nothing else will. A little The Wizard, a bit of After Forever, some Hand of Doom, oh! and some Laguna Sunrise (definitely NOT extreme, sorry) just ged me right back on track.
Maybe listening to some of the stuff Sabbath did in the early days makes you realise things ain't so bad.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Maybe listening to some of the stuff Sabbath did in the early days makes you realise things ain't so bad.
*taps foot*

Good thing I likes ya, Slaine. :wink:
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

I wasn't insulting Sabbath, I love 'em (too bad they're Brummies). What I meant was that their music is not exactly 'smily happy people', is it?

Is it true they tried to ban Children of the Grave in California in case Geezer's bass sets off the San Andreas fault?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, I see what you mean. Glad I didn't duct tape ya!

Actually, this may sound strange, but the sound of their music really does brighten me. If I hear it, or if I ged to jam it wif H, it just does something that brings me up! I swear it is that flatted fifth thing they do so much, but I dont' know for sure if that is it; I think there is more to it.

IF they did ban the song for that reason, they are more wacked in my home state than I thought!
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

I don't usually put anything really heavy on when I'm in a bad mood - I usually stick to something like the Kinks or The Small Faces. They usually put a smile on my face.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Ohh, ohhh!! Duck tape me! DUCK TAPE MEEEE!!!!!! :o :D
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Slaine mac Roth

Just a slight query here.

I've heard numerous mentions in various places about Duct Tape. Is it that silver, cloth tape, beloved by every Roadie in the world, that we in Britain call Gaffa Tape?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

You lost me at Britain. If THIS is what you're talking about...

...then we're talking about the same tape! 8)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Slaine mac Roth

Looks like it but I've only really used it for taping mains leads to the floor.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Stick around, Slaine. You will see duct tape used for many, shall I say, interesting things. Do not be frightened. But be afraid, be very afraid. :shock:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

With my wife, there's very little that can scare me.