Should ElfDude...

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Should ElfDude...

Just keep being himself, even though it's obnoxious.
93%
Stay in the forum, but keep his conservatism to himself.
No votes
Leave the forum.
7%

Total votes: 15

ElfDude

Should ElfDude...

Post by ElfDude »

I've been thinking about something and I'd like your input. No need to post comments... the poll will answer the question.

Having only joined this board last New Year's Eve, I'm a relatively new member in a group of many "old-timers". After seeing some Bush bashing going on in one thread, I threw in my two cents worth.

One of the claims I saw struck me as so ridiculous I even started a thread about it. In that thread, heated political debate ensued. That doesn't bother me at all, but it might really bug some of you folks. I've taken a lot of liberties with your forum and you may be wishing I'd either knock it off or just go away.

So, here's your chance to let me know. I'll abide by your wishes with no hard feelings.

PS I've never made a poll before, so I hope I get this right...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Nice try buddy, but welcome to By-Tor.com; This post will not be staying on topic, more replies will soon follow. :P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, I know you said that there need be no comment, but I am commenting anyway.

STAY! You are a great addition to this board and I know that I am not the only one who enjoys having you here.

And, I personally like your conservativism, although I usually only read the WMD Lies thread, and don't ged into the conversation much. I know there are others here who agree with you too. Don't leave just cuz some of us disagree with you. We are (mostly) adults here and should be able to vehemetly disagree and still ged along.

And, I don't see you as being obnoxious.
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Yuor a great guy, and our opinions no matter how offensive hsould be stated for theya re part of our character. It is necessary to voice opinions.

So please stay, i don't think you've done any serious harm or any harm at all
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Well, They gotta go thru me :!: :evil: :!:
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Well, I'M gonna comment...

Are you KIDDING Elfdude!!!! You didn't leave the right choices in the poll!!!! I don't find your comments obnoxious at all!!! I find the WMD thread fascinating and I've learned so much!!!! It is SUCH a volatile topic and on any other board with any other people involved it may have disintegrated into the kind of sludge that can happen ANYWHERE when emotions are involved. (I'm NOT pointing to any particular board at all but I know on a couple the argument wouldn't even be tolerated! Again credit to those posting and to by-tor.)

You are indeed an asset to the board and I'd HATE to see you leave. I agree with so many things you AND the others have said regarding the thread. Given the passion involved it has been handled beautifully and by-tor has only had to gently step in a couple of times to steer it back. It's downright refreshing and hasn't made me uncomfortable at all.

PLUS besides the political discussion there is so much going on that you are a part of. Music, family, insight, humor...need I go on without it arse-kissing? :oops: :wink:

I am not necessarily a Conservative Proper but neither am I by any full stretch of the means a Liberal. I'm LEARNING with an open mind from all the points of view and I thank you.

New poll: Should Kares leave for being long-winded in this post? (Don't answer that) :wink:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

:shock: tap,tap,tap.......
Hello, is this thing on?
Tap,tap,tap. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
This space for rent
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

Nobody leave!!!!! Between what's happenedd here and on another board I've already seen 2 folks I liked leave, I don't want to add a third. As for the political aspect - I just avoid arguments by not going into those threads, so, sugar, post what you like. But no leave.

Pardon me, I'm off to bar the door. :twisted:
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE!!! *shutting up now*
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
wcp

Post by wcp »

you can't leave cause you pissed people off pffftf lol nah we love you here your not going.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Like Medinaquirin, I'm rather apolitical, so I don't venture to that thread often. Everyone has their own opinions, and whether or not we value those opinions is not necessarily a reason for leaving or staying. We will never agree on everything (except Rush), but that's what makes everybody different. We may have similar views, or we will have opposing views on politics, country music, TV shows or the proper way to hang toilet paper (sorry, bathroom tissue). If discussion gets heated, then people may get all pissy, but everybody will get over it. No big deal.

Whether you decide to stay or go, that's your decision. We can't make it for you. I, along with a lot of others here, hope you stay.
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

You may check out any time you like, but you may never leave!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

He's sweeping the polls, he cannot leave :P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
schuette

Post by schuette »

jings I've never read such abnoxious words in my whole life!! I was thoroughly digusted and even went as far as asking by-tor to have you banned!......but when that never worked I decided I'd let you stay :P

so just sit your ass down and start posting 8)
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

You need to go see Endlessly Rocking for one hundred and fifty bucks per session he can fix you right up. What nonsense you talk there Elf Dude, :)