Bass line of the day...

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Todays bassline definitely has to be...

"Turn The Page"

Sheer quality.....
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

good call, fridge!!

how bout today's (since it's 12:23 am) being A Passage to Bangkok..gotta love it!!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

"Ahhh...They played Bangkok!"
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

lol!! my dad actually didn't like the Jerry Stiller in/outro, but i LOVED it!!

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

happysmilies007 wrote:lol!! my dad actually didn't like the Jerry Stiller in/outro, but i LOVED it!!

How could you not like it? Everybody around me was LTAO.
Kazz
happysmilies007

well, it's not easy to make my dad laugh anyway, and my dad doesn't like yanks unless he's gotten to know them, so he didn't like Jerry Stiller from first sight, and i guess that was it!!

carikynn :evil:
^^grr..could somebody PLEASE remind me what my name is??
happysmilies007

ok, once again, i'm gonna name this bassline of the day early (12:06 am..i think i have insomnia or something)..before anyone else gets to it!! mwahahahahahaha!!

today's is gonna be La Villa Strangiato..i know, i know, good instrument parts are kind of GIVEN on instrumentals..but we're here to listen to good music, not criticize it for being what it is!! and besides.."La Villa sounds good. Nothing else matters."

You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

For me it's The Trees. Intricate stuff, man. Just figured a bit of it in the office a few weeks back. Best melody to play with. Works your brain & fingers to the extreme.

Right now, I'm thinking of the bassline for 'You Bet Your Life'.
happysmilies007

You Bet Your Life, huh? i wonder where the idea came up for that one :roll: jp, man. The Trees is an EXTREMELY good example of Geddy's skill, & so is You Bet Your Life..i am in love w/ all the songs from RTB, because you can hear the bass in the background, and while it may not be carrying out the melody, it's presence is definitely an assured one.

well, i guess now we're set for the basslines for the next 2 days!! i guess i'll take a vacation!! :razz:

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

the trees i will agree with, but you bet your life, i wouldn't pass to highly upon , the best bassline on that album is by far face up. La villa is fun the little band tacets wehre its only bass are quite fun at the one point
happysmilies007

can't help but agree, and Face Up is a GREAT bass song on that album, but i wouldn't say the best. in my opinion, there is no best on RTB, they're all just great songs for the bass guitar.

You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

Regretfully I haven't heard much of the Roll The Bones album (I'm planning to get it from MyNapster) But the understatement of the bass in the album got me thinking in terms of improvisation as well as subtlety.

I think it was bravado that got me cracking. It's a pretty straight foward song. The simpleness of the bass (as well as Neil's drums) really clicked well with me at a emotional level.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

neils drums aren't exactly simple in bravado especially getting towarsd then end, listen to that one again you should.

and go out and buy the cd !!! ... !!! none of this pirate crap, musicians don't work for free jsut as you don't!

Todays bassline shall be a great one, the digital man
happysmilies007

i must be EXTREMELY lucky, my dad has almost all their cds, and not the ones by 'The RUSH Remasters' either. he most definitely has all their albums, i think the only ones he doesn't have are just compilations of their songs, and he's only missing about 2-3 of those.

gah, now i have to wait til the 10th to post another bassline..but that's ok, cause i'll be up before any of y'all!! mwahahahahaha!!!

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

you sure i get up at 7 EST to go to work every morning
except weekends i'm out of town gallavanting lol