PLEASE Post Tour Spoilers HERE...

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Did you say spandex? Shorts? :shock:

Oh man, and I will be seeing them outside in the summer. Ya think he may wear shorts then too?
Onward and Upward!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

I'm glad to see Animate, Subdivisions, and Red Barchetta in the mix.

I'm disappointed that there's not more VT (Ceiling Unlimited, Peacable Kingdom), and that DEW and Manhattan Project are not there.

Overall looks like a good set. I'm still a bit suspicious of these covers (why play covers when you have an unplayed catalog like RUSH does?). But I'll keep an open mind...
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

EndlesslyRocking wrote: Overall looks like a good set. I'm still a bit suspicious of these covers (why play covers when you have an unplayed catalog like RUSH does?). But I'll keep an open mind...
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you there. So many great Rush songs that aren't being played, and haven't been played in ages.

I suspect they're doing that more as a treat for themselves. While the little band I'm in has some fun original material, there's a certain enjoyment in playing old classics too.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

ElfDude wrote:
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you there. So many great Rush songs that aren't being played, and haven't been played in ages.

I suspect they're doing that more as a treat for themselves. While the little band I'm in has some fun original material, there's a certain enjoyment in playing old classics too.
Are you meaning to say the audience will get unruly if you play too many covers? :wink:
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I can tell you that the covers were very well done, esp. The Seeker and Crossroads. 8)
kwndcpc

Covers by RUSH

Post by kwndcpc »

At the concert, Geddy basically says that these are songs that they listened to and were inspired by during their early career.

Rest assurred, they do them as only RUSH can and would do them.
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Ummm spandex shorts tho. 8)
HAHA!
He did that just for you NPG! He wanted you to see all his best "qualities"...
LOL!

:shock: :D :D

Thanks for posting the setlist...very cool. I don't think they needed to do 4 covers, tho. How did they sound?

But, what I'm really wonder is...how was the meet and greet????
(maybe it's all in another thread...I'll look around... :D )
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Man i wish Geddy would wear Spandex! :twisted:
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

The beginning medley was: Finding My Way, Anthem, Bastille Day, Passage to Bangkok, Cygnus X1, Prelude. It was SOOO cool to hear some of Hemispheres!

I couldn't really see Neil during the concert but I did see his spandex legs and mighty calves on the bass. NOYCE!!!

Summertime Blues ROCKED.

"Resist" was magnificent (I was going YAY for Schu!) and they seguayed into an acousti version of "Heart full of Soul" which was awesome which later became "non-acousitc" when Neil joined in.

Alex did bring back the double-neck for Xanadu. Whoo HOOOO!!!!

He was having trouble with his levels on his monitor and pedals and the tech was right in front of me. He got so pissed I thought he was going to toss the guy!!!!!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:I'm glad to see Animate, Subdivisions, and Red Barchetta in the mix.

I'm disappointed that there's not more VT (Ceiling Unlimited, Peacable Kingdom), and that DEW and Manhattan Project are not there.

Overall looks like a good set. I'm still a bit suspicious of these covers (why play covers when you have an unplayed catalog like RUSH does?). But I'll keep an open mind...
Its quite obvious to my mind - they're there to promote the album.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yah, Slaine. It was obvious and "comfortable" they way they did it. It all made sense and they sounded WONDERFUL and were so jazzed about it.

It worked. It really did.

They even snuck in a few bars of "Day Tripper" by the Beatles before one song. I think Working Man but I'm not sure.

At the beginning of the show Geddy thanked us all for being part of their "birthday" and being that it was the first show there might be mistakes (there were but they were so endearing and you could see the professionalism behind fixing them) but we'd all get through it together. He said that since the show spanned their musical lives they were going to play some old tunes, new tunes, some tunes that inspired them when they were young. "And we WERE young. Ha ha" he said. And maybe even some songs not yet written! Yahoooo!!!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

Bravado, Roll the Bones, Red Barchetta, Red Sector A, Earthshine, YYZ, Leave That Thing Alone, Mystic Rhythms, and LaVilla?? Could life be any sweeter?

Oh yes, it can. I get to see them next Wednesday!!! :shock:
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

Hey tinkertoy, I'm with ya!!!! My best friend and I will be over in section c, row y and in seats 3 &4!!!!We were almost in the exact same seats 2 years ago.....we were in section b, row z in in the very middle. I'm hoping to meet anybody else from this board, especially meeting Kares, NPG, Liz and Pan face to face as I frantically pace for time to go by for the NJ show and then on to Rushcon!!!!!
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

And so totally unfair opening up the second set with Tom Sawyer....I would of never have guessed that. Did anybody out there guess that one for the contest? Myself, my best friend, her sister, my hubby....had all enetered, but I would not have thought it would be what they had used to open up the Vapor Trails tour.....I'm so bummed! :(
Railtrail Rider

Post by Railtrail Rider »

Yeah, Tom Sawyer. I never would have guessed that either. It would have been too obvious, the most popular song. I thought the song would have been very obscure, something difficult to guess. But then again maybe Rush thought we would all think that? And then picked a very popular song as a kind of reverse psycology to fool us all?