PLEASE Post Tour Spoilers HERE...

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Sabian's website has an excellent write up and photos from soundcheck in Nashville!!!

Check it out!!! http://www.sabian.com/sabiantalk/forum/ ... erthread=y
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Whooo hoo! Thanks!!! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Thanks for the artical NPG, and pictures! :D

makes mine look naive that's what you get busting out the flash and sneaking it in :oops:

Anybody talk about Dirk and the boys space ship teaching Nebish a lesson, in don't mess with my merchandice? That was pretty cool the dragon slayers of commerce. :lol: Maybe I didn't catch enough of it, have to see it again. Anybody else got a differnt take on it?

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/start.asp?Job ... 1992324198

(If the link above is not clickable, copy and paste or type it, directly into your browser.)
Last edited by Mr. Potatoe Head on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

another semi spoiler and I don't have it quite right. I heard something similar during VT tour or maybe the dream had me.

na na na na na ny ny ny ny
grab me by the tail and twrill me high
round and round no where in sight
twirl above tigers round and round
and I'll tell you it hurt too!
(inaudible)
lions, tigers and bears
(audience) oh my!
lions, tigers and bears
(audience) oh my!
lions, tigers and bears
(audience) oh my!
(inaudible)
must be a monkey licking an ice cream cone
Geddy gives the cue for neil to go
I don't have eyes that see it all but feel Neil was happy enough him being him smiling loudly enough but didn't have that great big grin.
The rant was long and I can't remember it all.
just an excerpt here.
Last edited by Mr. Potatoe Head on Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

He was talking about kids playing with airplanes and crashing them in Nashville.

Neil was CRACKING UP!!!!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
kwndcpc

INDY ROCKED

Post by kwndcpc »

It's 3:30 am, just got in from the show.

Did anyone else notice a change in the first half of Neil's solo. It seemed to have some new material. Not a lot, but refreshing.

Yumpin Yiminy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was standing on a reef...hiding in plain sight.
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

Did someone say Bastille Day? NICE!!!!!!!!!!
kwndcpc

Post by kwndcpc »

Bastille day is only part of the INTRO MEDLEY. Sorry, no singing is doen until you get to Spirit of Radio. Don't miss the pics of the band during the INTRO. They are from the entire 30 years.

They also do a part of Bangkok during the INTRO.

XANADU is the best.

Yumpin Yimminy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was standing on a reef...hiding in plain sight.
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

I kinda miss the old days when Neil had his set with the wood blocks and chimes above his set along with all the other percussion goodies. I understand why he does it the way he does but damn,I still miss it. Closer to the heart just doesn't sound the same without his tubular bells.The glockenspiel is just to wimpy for that part.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Monkey Wrench wrote:I kinda miss the old days when Neil had his set with the wood blocks and chimes above his set along with all the other percussion goodies. I understand why he does it the way he does but damn,I still miss it. Closer to the heart just doesn't sound the same without his tubular bells.The glockenspiel is just to wimpy for that part.
That was a lot of fun. I like watching the beginning of Xanadu on the Exit Stage Left video... Neil is on his feet moving in a circle keeping all the chimes and blocks and stuff going. It's fun to watch.

Yeah, the kit has evolved to what it is for good reason. But hey, he could just as easily be playing tubular bell sounds from that "midi-marimba" as glockenspiel sounds. I wonder why he chose the sounds he uses now...
Duh, because he LIKES them. *hits self on the head*
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote: *hits self on the head*
Hey! Don't do that to yourself!

Let me!

*smacks Elfie upside the head*

There! Better?

:wink:
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Found this on a site

Miscellaneous Items of Interest:

On stage, instead of three dryers as seen on the Vapor Trails tour, there are two dryers and one vending machine (in case the guys get hungry during the show!). During the short break before the encore, Geddy and Alex reach into the dryers to remove tye-dyed dryer shirts which they throw into the crowd (the front has RUSH at the top and FEEDBACK at the bottom, with the starman in the middle with a Peace sign in place of the star, with the back reading HEY MAN on the top "This shirt came from one of Geddy's dryers" below it.
There is an "Lerxst Rant" during "La Villa Strangiato" as on the Vapor Trails tour.
The "Dragon Video" intro to "One Little Victory" and the "By-Tor and the Snowdog" cartoon are both back.
Four songs are played from the upcoming Feedback album, as well as a thirty second "teaser" of the Beatles' "I Feel Fine" & "Daytripper" at the close of "The Trees".
Opening night saw four pro video cameras filming the band: according to a member of the production crew, they are filming the first four nights with plans of releasing a video of "Summertime Blues" (this may be a video which will turn up on Rush.com...).
Noteworthy visuals:

The intro is a new computer animation/live action video which begins with all the album covers morphing into one another (the Signals dog pisses on the hydrant; the 2112 naked guy comes out of the red star and falls into the Hemispheres cover; the Fly By Night owl takes the hat from the business man on the Hemispheres cover and drops it onto the Presto cover). We hear Geddy and Alex (perhaps Neil as well?) sing "Hello, hello, hello", as in the introduction to the Three Stooges theme song, used as a concert in the past. Once the animation is finished, Jerry Stiller (actor from "Seinfeld" and "King of Queens", also father of actor Ben Stiller) wearing a Rush t-shirt is seen waking up on a recliner, from what was his Rush dream, and says "Huh? What the hell was that? What did they put in my tea? Did I miss the band? Where's the band? Where's my man Lerxst? Hit me baby! And the skinny guy Dirk? Give it to me. And the other guy, yeah, The Professor? Where are you guys? Will they play Bangkok? Nah, they never play Bangkok....All right get on stage already you guys, c'mon its showtime!" as the band begins playing the opening medley. During the medley, the video includes several scenes of Stiller "rocking out" to the music.
Following the intermission, we have a new movie: the dragon film from "One Little Victory" begins again (for the second time of the show), then the screen changes as if someone changed the channel, to the bunny film intro for "Leave That Thing Alone" last seen on the Counterparts tour. We then learn that the Dragon is "channel surfing" with a remote control, and then fire breathes some popcorn. He then changes the channel to a film called "That Darn Dragon" which is a Godzilla/Thunderbirds spoof, starring the Rush bobbleheads fighting a toy dragon attempting to burn down a kiosk featuring band merchandise. They win with the help from their Cygnus X-1 ship, and the film ends with "and the meek..." from 2112, as the band launches into "Tom Sawyer".
During "Working Man" a film montage of the band performing throughout the years is shown.
During "Between The Wheels" gears and machine parts are shown.
At the end of the concert, as the band leaves the stage, a final short film begins showing a sleeping Jerry Stiller who wakes up and begins softly singing "Limelight", then says "That was a short show...You guys still here? What 31 songs wasn't enough for ya? Everybody go! I gotta get to bed!...Ahhh, they played Bangkok, yeahhh..." As he lays down to sleep, he begins whistling "Closer To The Heart".
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh, this is gonna be great!
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Was there any doubt?
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Nope!
Onward and Upward!