PLEASE Post Tour Spoilers HERE...

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

:D 8) 8) 8) It sounds like you and H had a Great Time!! :D :D :cool: :cool: How long did it rain? Did it turn into a Mini Woodstock? :roll: :razz: :roll: Did you take any Pics?
Rush on! AnalogK....aka "The Count"

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote:The boys seem to be in a pirate mood. In addition to Alex doing a priatey rant at the show in Salt Lake, Geddy sang, "We are the pirates of the temples of Syrnix," and Alex did another priate rant. He even sang a little song about 21st Century Pirate blues. Apparantly his wooden leg was swollen, poor fellow. The funniest thing he did though was when he said, "Shiver me timbers, and blow me.......................................
..............................................................................................
down, that is." LOL
Geddy sang "pirates of the temples" at Salt Lake and Portland as well. Also, at the three shows I saw last week the crew on Geddy's side we're dressed up in Pirate gear during La Villa. Seriously.

While Alex was ranting they put a picture on the screen of "The World's Worst Pirate." He had a funny skeleton face and a few swords stuck in him. In a word ballon over his head I think it said "I suck." Alex's rant in Portland was also Pirate themed. Alex was singing a Pirate blues song again.

No changes to the set list last week. The set flows very well and I'd be suprised if they make any changes during the rest of the tour. Highlights for me were the songs from Feedback, particularly Heart Full of Soul. (The Portland audience did the best with the "backup vocals" on that one. Props to my hometown.)

So I've finished my 6 shows in a month tour. It was great, but now I have to deal with the fact that I won't be seeing any more! :crybaby:
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
schuette

Post by schuette »

woooohoooooooo I knew you would have had a brilliant time H and t :-D
and as D'Anconia said I hope you took pics :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

We did not take any pics *ducks*

The rain wasn't too bad. With my hat and my sweatshirt I was fine, which is good, cuz the merchandise was in my leather jacket (NOT the Rush one, to oexpensive).

Well, Francisco, at least you have the good memories from the 6 you went to!
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote: Well, Francisco, at least you have the good memories from the 6 you went to!
You got that right!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

AnalogK wrote::D 8) 8) 8) It sounds like you and H had a Great Time!! :D :D :cool: :cool: How long did it rain? Did it turn into a Mini Woodstock? :roll: :razz: :roll: Did you take any Pics?
*Stalking the Count*
schuette

Post by schuette »

awip2062 wrote:We did not take any pics *ducks*
you better duck!!! :x
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Glad ya had a great time guys!!!!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

All sounds good. I'm so glad to hear everyone's having a good time.

6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

howdy stranger hows it been?
EndlesslyRocking

Sir Myghin wrote:howdy stranger hows it been?
Me? I'm no stranger than usual...

;)

We are in the process of buying and selling a house. Very stressful, very labor intensive. That's why I haven't posted much.

4 days until our RUSH show! I'm definitely fired up about that.
EndlesslyRocking

Here's your full report from the Big Tomato. Massive spoilers to follow.

It was a very warm night in the State Capitol. There were (I'm guessing) 12-13,000 people at the Sleep Train Amphitheater. My wife and I were firmly ensconced dead center, row 3. An amazing vantage point for the 3 1/2 hour show.

The setlist remained unchanged from what's been posted. No surprises there.

The first set started at 7:45, which meant most of it was played while it was still light out, and still hot (90 + degrees). The stage, and the show itself, were a combination of the familiar and the new. The video screens were well done, with one giant one in the middle, with four thin, rectangular screens on either side. Some of it was what you've come to expect: the dragon attack during OLV, the rapping skeleton on RTB, the dryers running behind Geddy. Some of it had changed (Animate, for example, didn't have the big white words projected on the screens as they've done in the past).

The pictures of the band through the years were hilarious. The 70's and 80's were not good fashion years for our boys. They were very brave to show some of those...the whole show had a "Trip down memory lane" feel to it, without being hokey. Very nicely done.

Some of the highlights: I had forgotten Red Barchetta was on the setlist this time. When the first guitar notes started coming through, it was truly incredible. Great song, very nicely done. Between the Wheels was introduced as "One that falls through the cracks". They ripped into it. The grinding gears in the video behind them was a perfect complement. Most excellent. It was nice to hear Subdivisions again (Geddy said "You might remember this one"). Xanadu was great as well.

The covers fit nicely into the grand scheme. The acoustic version of Heart Full of Soul was very nice. Summertime Blues was fine as well. They ended as they have before with Limelight, one of my all-time favorites, and a brilliant version too. Very crisp. The drum solo was an amalgam of several previous performed solos, which flowed very nicely together.

The La Villa rant kinda derailed. Alex (who's looking much better these days, thinner, no puffiness like he had a few years ago). It began as a dialogue between a reporter and a pirate (what is the pirate thing on this tour? They sang a few verses of "We are the Pirates of the Temples of Syrinx"). He was talking to himself about the Atkins diet and carbs in a pirate's diet. Then Alex started shouting "THIS IS GOING NOWHERE!" over and over again. He then led a 12 Bar Blues version of various Pirate ditties.

As always (this is my 6th RUSH show) the guys delivered an amazing, classy, respectful show. You always get your money's worth. They treat their fans well. My wife, who is only a marginal fan at best, loved it. We were so incredibly close it was unreal. We could see the sweat flying off Neil Peart (who, I swear to God, smiled once). We could see them mouthing things to each other, including Alex telling Geddy "I just farted!" during Xanadu. Geddy laughed and ran away. A wonderful RUSH moment.

Absolutely fantastic. Those of you who are still waiting, be patient. It's worth it.

Oh, and By-Tor, you might find this interesting. We stood right behind Tony La Russa.

The boys had their Big Noise going. Our local paper described them as "3 men who sound like 10". That was about right. My ears are still ringing.

So that's it from your intrepid Northern California reporter ER. Now back to you....