Dusty's Birthday

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Dusty's Birthday

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Just thought you might like to know that itsDusty (ZZ TOP) Hill's birthday today. If I remember right, he's 57.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

ZZtop rock, on you a fan slaine? ( dumb question eh?)
Slaine mac Roth

Certainly used to be. Started losing interest after Elliminator when they seemed to forget their blues roots. Still, fantastic band live.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i've only access to i think the 2 greatest hits things and recycler, unfortunately, just pass through dads collection from time to time heh
Slaine mac Roth

I've got some of their early albums - Fandango is awesome and worth it for the best cversion of Jailhouse Rock I've heard.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

sounds cool i might invest in one next chance i get
Slaine mac Roth

Its great - half live, half studio. Any album that that features Tush and Heard it on the X is worth having.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i think one fo the ones i've got floating has tush, i shall listen to it again some tiem. Weird how we're the only 2 here eh?
Slaine mac Roth

Obviously no-one likes a bit of Souther Boogie. I thought it may have been of interest due to Rush supporting ZZ in the early days.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

well we think they rock all that matters eh? let the others miss out
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Hey Slain:

Big ZZ fan here.

I was re-organizing the vinyl library last night and ran across my old copies of Tejas (great artwork) , Rio Grande Mud and Tres Hombres.

But I was an old ZZ fan when they still played "Jesus just left Chicago" and "Waitin' for the Bus".

I still play Deguello from time to time because I could never get enough of that version of "Dust my Broom" and "I'm bad, I'm Nationwide" is one of my favs .

But don't call The Top "Southern Boogie".

Texas man...Texas. There was a famous quote..."Texas ain't part of the south - it is America"!
Living One Long Sunrise
Slaine mac Roth

Well, considering my opinion of these new-fangled former colonies who call themselves nations... :twisted:
schuette

Post by schuette »

I also like ZZ but since I've only got them on vinyl and my records decks are without styluses the now, I've not heard them for ages...
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

New-fangled colonies... :lol:

I will have you know sir that I live in a "colony" that still marks Victoria Day, reruns "Faulty Towers" continously, was brought up in an Anglican Church and yes, I sang "God save the Queen" in elementary school and I still think Pagey was the greatest.

I've been a good little subject!

Can I have some more sir.... :lol:
Living One Long Sunrise
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My dad's side of my family was on this continent before your little country started to have colonies! *razzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!*
Onward and Upward!