Summertime Blues

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I heard this today for the first time in its entirety. Wow! 8) It's GREAT! The dj (Pierre Robert on WMMR in Philadelphia) is a huge Rush fan and he was just gushing about this song before he played it.

I have to admit I was a bit torn on an album of covers but after hearing this one, I am salivating in anticipation of the rest!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
elaine

Post by elaine »

hello..first post...

um...havent heard the recorded version yet, but heard the live version in va beach....

TRAGEDY OF TRAGEDIES............there is silence during the low vocal part where the guy is supposed to go "cain't go son, coz ya gotta work-a late"..or whatever he says.

WHY DOESNT LERXST SING THIS PART?????? is this not the most perfect part for him to sing??? even better than his little part in "subdivisions.."

TELL ME WHY
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

warm welcome elaine

I was at V.B. also what did you think of the Seeker? It just blew me away,
can't wait till it's released.
elaine

Post by elaine »

i thought rush did everything nicely, except for the above glaring ommission (but, i forgive them, of course).

my favorite though- without the tiniest doubt- was Heart Full of Soul. big fan of the yardbirds.. but also, for me, my favorite covers are always as different as possible from the original. so, hearing this classic in a totally new way was a blast....not to mention the HOT falsetto (oops.. already did mention it...in another post even, sorry...cant help it!).

thanks everyone for the welcomes!
Me

Post by Me »

Oh my dear lady elaine,

I so agree, Alex frolicing about in our minds degree.

My favorite though- without the tiniest doubt-was meeting new friends!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Bad news for British Rush fans. Due to the the lack of information regarding a Brit release of Summertime Blues, I emailed an enquiry as to a possible release and got this reply today:

From: "SRO-ANTHEM" <sro-anthem@sro-anthem.com> Add to Address Book
To: "Jim Annison" <jimyyz2112@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Summertime Blues
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:16:34 -0400

Feedback will be released on June 29th in the UK.
There will be no single for Summertime Blues.

:( :cry:

Looks like I'll have to find an import copy although *cough* I've managed to dowload a copy off the internet :twisted: *slaps wrist*

I think its awesome.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
schuette

Post by schuette »

och that's just bloody typical :evil:
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey Schu, if you want, when I ged mine, I'll ged one for you and mail it?!?
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

awww jings that would be brilliant!!!...........I'd send you a pre-paid package and stuff
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hairy is the BEST!!!!! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
schuette

Post by schuette »

he most certainly is \:D/
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Railtrail Rider wrote:I heard the clip from Rush.com and all I can say is...wow. It really sounds like old Rush from the seventies, with those loud in your face guitars that I love. Wouldn't it be great if they wrote some new tunes with that sound and style? I know you can't go back, but it would be more like going full circle maybe.

I thought the same things when I heard the clip. It sounded like Rush went back in time to their self titled days, did a song, and came back with it. I have a live bootleg version of it, and I must say it's quicky becoming one of my favorite songs.
wcp

Post by wcp »

ahhaha nice pic Kevin bruce campbell rules, seen Buba Ho-Tep? halarious!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Thanks. Havent seen it, but really want to, cant find a copy anywhere. :?