The Death Penalty

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Revenge can be a hurtful thing, as hurtful as being a victim.

A good punishment would be just to lock them up in a six by three cell. No food, no water, naked in total darkness. Walk away and come back in a year to scrape there miserable body off the floor.

Of course you got to be absolutely sure of their crime.

DNA scares me of conspiracy theories, a good tool but shouldn't be sourly relied upon.

At any rate the punishment should fit the crime. Kill and in the cell you go. For infractions against youth i.e.... molesting to satisfy a perverted sexual desire, life in prison working on a chain gang, forever wearing a scarlet letter.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

by-tor wrote:things like hanging, firing squad, gas chamber, or electric chair (I think Utah is the only state left where they'll kill put you to death in ways other than lethal injection).
Unfortunately, legislators just passed a law this year banning the firing squad. Lethal injection is all that is left. But at least we've still got that.

By-Tor, I'm with you 100% on this one.

BTW, making a punishment fit a crime has nothing to do with sinking to the level of the criminal.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I think I would rather face a firing squad than lethal injection. Not that I'm planning ahead or anything... :wink:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

*Lifesonite wrote:I think I would rather face a firing squad than lethal injection. Not that I'm planning ahead or anything... :wink:
I'm wimpy... I think a needle would hurt less than a bullet. I should ask dad sometime...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

It was my understanding that firing squads aim for the heart, if you're shot in the heart it's pretty sudden. Of course, with the needle you ged to drift into a forever sleep, you'll be so disoriented you won't know you're dying :P

I've never liked needles :shock:
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

A suggestion of a local radio DJ has just sprung to mind.

His way of dealing with anyone who commits any crime against children would be to tell them that they have got to walk about five miles along the local town's streets. If they reach the end of the distance, they wioll be allowed to go free anywhere in the world. Howeveer, announcements would be made to the populace at large on who the perpetrator was, what their crime was and the exact date and time they would be making the walk.

Anyone want to take bets how far they'd get?
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

anarchy
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I am an Antichrist
I am an Anarchist
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:A suggestion of a local radio DJ has just sprung to mind.

His way of dealing with anyone who commits any crime against children would be to tell them that they have got to walk about five miles along the local town's streets. If they reach the end of the distance, they wioll be allowed to go free anywhere in the world. Howeveer, announcements would be made to the populace at large on who the perpetrator was, what their crime was and the exact date and time they would be making the walk.

Anyone want to take bets how far they'd get?
This sounds like the movie Running Man. Cool movie... 8) (That is the name, right?)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:How about returning Australia to its original purpose and leaving them there to rot?
But what would we do with Steve Irwin???? :shock:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

*Lifesonite wrote:It was my understanding that firing squads aim for the heart, if you're shot in the heart it's pretty sudden. Of course, with the needle you ged to drift into a forever sleep, you'll be so disoriented you won't know you're dying :P

I've never liked needles :shock:
Funny thing is, one of the most 'humane' ways was banned a long time ago. Remove the head from the body with a large, sharp blade, and it's over pretty damn quick. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

although canada doesn't have capital punishment, i am pro. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, those who kill or something rmoe vile do not deserve the life they have been blessed with
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Religious judgement is no longer passed in these here parts, set the stone down sonny :P
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

religious judgement is passed sooner or later whether in your life or very shortly thereafter
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yes, fuck them all and feed them a steaming pile of shit.
Now that that's over, I do also believe in the death sentance, for major obvious crimes. Hey, it's bad enough to support the bottom feeding welfare frauds of the world, but that is too much to spend on a pile who is to be executed. Put a bullet in 'em and pine box the bastard and it's done.
$500.00 tops. Justice served, Elvis has left the building.......IMHO.
This space for rent