The Death Penalty

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Cremation, burial options available if the family is willing to pay ;)
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Cremation, burial options available if the family is willing to pay. That's even cheaper! :shock:
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I was thinking whats even cheaper thana single bullet, a needle full of air injected into them. Cause an anurism or stop the hard, don't even dicard the needle, it can be used again, screw sanitation, they are going to be killed anyway
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

My first double-post :shock:

The death pentalty really isn't my problem, so I'm not gonna worry about it!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sir Myghin wrote:I was thinking whats even cheaper thana single bullet, a needle full of air injected into them. Cause an anurism or stop the hard, don't even dicard the needle, it can be used again, screw sanitation, they are going to be killed anyway
On a side note....Why do they swab the condemmend with alcohol before sticking the needle in?????
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

Probably because its been deemed inhumane. I believe in an eye for an eye. Death Row - don't sit on my money.....get rid of 'em.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I had feelings on BOTH sides. I think it's healthy that way.

But when some group of assholes decided to ram a plane into the side of a building down the block from me ...and then when some OTHER asshole rams anOTHER plane into the next cowardly building next to it...THEN you may get pissed.

I was frightened, terrified that my Paddy wasn't on the 92 floor that day as he should have been ( I didn't know it but he got moved to Purchase, NY that morning). He lost 11 c-workers that day. Won't go on too much but I lost alot of peeps I knew there. Joey Allen calling from his cell in desperation from the 104 floor. WHY!!!! I'll never EVER (sorry Myghin) forget it. It was cowardly murder. It has happened before (right?) and will happen again, I'm afraid. My friend, Jim is a fireman and we went to too many funerals. It just sux.

Don't worry. It doesn't "run" me or anything but if I see anybody that has a "cause for reason" that doesn't include the thousands that died that day, well, honey, you need to hear from me or my dead freinds.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Here's a slightly different slant on this discussion.

In Britain we had a GP called Harold Shipman who was found guilty of murdering a number of his patients, I can't recall how many, and was suspected of murdering a hell of a lot more. There were many calls for the reintroduction of hanging for him - basically that he should die for his crimes. However, he was sentanced to life imprisonment.

Not long into his sentance, he commited suicide, hanging himself in his cell if memory serves. The same people were up in arms that he had escaped justice.

What is the difference?

The man is dead - which is what they wanted.
He is no longer a burden on the taxpayer - which is what they wanted.
(If memory serves) He was hung - which is what they wanted.

I think this is why I am opposed to the death penalty. It brings out the worst of people's mob-mentality. In addition, it doesn't work as a deterrent, which is one of the main arguments ain Britain for the pro-hanging lobby.

I think I'll finish now as I'm starting to lose my thread here.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Kares4Rush wrote:I had feelings on BOTH sides. I think it's healthy that way.

But when some group of assholes decided to ram a plane into the side of a building down the block from me ...and then when some OTHER asshole rams anOTHER plane into the next cowardly building next to it...THEN you may get pissed.
Since those particular assholes died with their victims, I don't see the relevance....?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Kares4Rush wrote:I had feelings on BOTH sides. I think it's healthy that way.

Since those particular assholes died with their victims, I don't see the relevance....?
If I understood it correctly, that day was an epiphany for her. Having that kind of personal contact with such violent acts of crime brought out the understanding that some actions do justify a death penalty.

What's more only a small handful of the people responsible died with their victims. A much larger organization was behind it. The murderous conspirators need to be brought to justice as well... the funders, the planners, the trainers, etc. And no punishment short of death fits the crime (not even being made to lie in a naked pyramid with other men).

Did I understand you correctly, Kares?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I understand you understanding Kares mr. Elfdude.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I understand you understanding Elfie understanding Kares, Hairy.
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

And I'm just completely totally freakin' lost in this jumble of conversation!! :shock:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

They understand.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

I total understand. You rock Kares. 8) They all need to keep remembering. Just like you and many many others will always remember.