The Death Penalty

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

On this subject, has anyone seen The Life of David Gale? Any thoughts? was the woman killed or did she commit suicide? If she was killed who did it The cowboy hat guy or Gale? and I agree wholeheartly with By-tor and Elfdude, although child molesters and rapists should be eligilbe too. See Elfie, I told you I was a conservative :wink:
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

that's what started me off on the point of the death penalty :D .........the video showed that she killed herself but Gale was there looking on.......
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote: See Elfie, I told you I was a conservative :wink:
You and I just got started on the wrong foot... from a basic misunderstanding I think. We're on the same page when it comes to a lot of things.

Zivo and I went through this... despite some very fundamental differences, we still had so much in common that the basis for friendship won out. I think that's true for most of us on this board.

Endlessly Rocking and I take little jabs at each other, but we've got Rush and a number of other things in common, so we don't hate each other. :wink: (at least I don't hate him... I guess I can only speak for myself :? )
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

schuette wrote:that's what started me off on the point of the death penalty :D .........the video showed that she killed herself but Gale was there looking on.......

the cowboy guy was there too. Did they make her kill herself or did they both watch. That movie left me with a lot of questions.
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

she was dying anyway and since they were in 'Death Watch' they wanted to make a point that that the death penalty was flawed and that innocent ppl could get killed. And the cowboy, Sean Penn, loved her and didn't kill her.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Sean Penn was the cowboy? :shock: I did not know that. So who mailed the tape to Bitsy that showed Gale? and did Cowboy set him up to be executed?
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I think I need to see this again to really ged it right.

I think, that since they were sitting there watching, it would be an assisted suicide issue. In any case what conviction to be willing to kill yourself for your beliefes. I know she was terminal, but she still ended it early for her cause.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I agree she looked okay on the video meaning she was not bed ridden and she had just had sex with Gale a few days earlier I assume. I need to watch this movie again too.
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

She likely had sex with him more recently than a few days earlier because his semen was still in her. The female body pushes that stuff out.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

That was the point, she was well enough to have sex, she must have not been that close to death. I like it when you talk dirty T
Happy 2015!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I don't know if she was really well enough to ENJOY sex. It was my understanding that they did it so they could place Gale as her lover and 'killer' and they might not have even been involved except for that one incident. I can't honestly remember, but I think that's what I thought then. And, yes it was an assisted suicide, possibly conspiracy to commit murder :shock:
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And you like it when I duct tape you. :wink:
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

so what you are saying is that Gale bet his life just to prove a point? Or he was hoping to be cleared before they actually executed him? Which makes me wonder if Cowboy was supposed to deliver the tape before the execution which he did not because he was pissed at Gale for having sex with the woman he loved.
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

What I am saying is that you like to be taped.

As far as whether he thought he would be exonerated or not, I would have to see the movie again, as it has been awhile.

but he definetly was prooving a point with his life, as was the woman.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

taped and talked dirty to. :wink:
Happy 2015!