Film Reviews

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Film Reviews

Post by schuette »

I?m always on the look out for a good film........so without any spoilers if you think a film is good then tell us about it here......
I watched The Life of David Gale last night........I dont know if this is based on a true story or not but it kept me gripped, especially the second half...
Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet and Laura Linney (you?ll know the face) star in it and it was a bloody good film!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I saw that movie awhile ago. That scene in the bathroom near the beginning was absolutely riveting. :twisted:

The movie was based on a true story. I'm not sure how good it represents the actual occurances, but it was a twisty movie!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Been to see some good films with the wife lately.

The Butterfly Effect - good thriller
50 First Dates - Adam Snadler and Drew Barrymore (sigh) in good comedy
The Calcium Kid - Boxing Mockumentry with Orlando Bloom
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Jim Carrey's best performance.
Van Helsing - must see.

Hoping to go and see Troy next weekend.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Murder at 1600 - Wesely Snipes, Alan Alda
Uncommon Valor - Gene Hackman, Randell "Tex" Cobb
We Were Soliders - Mel Gibson, Sam Elliot
Unlawful Entry - Kurt Russel, Ray Liota
An Innocent Man - Tom Selleck
Eight Men Out - John Cusack, Charlie Sheen
Jack - Robin Williams, Bill Cosby
Stripes - Bill Murray, Harold Ramis

Yeah, old movies, but if you haven't seen them, well worth a look.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Slaine mac Roth

Not too sure about Stripes, I'm not much of a Bill Murray fan. Although he is excellent as Bunny Beckinridge in Ed Wood.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

They're only suggestions. If you like Bill Murray, watch stripes, if you like Ramis, watch Orange County :P Ghostbusters are also fine choices for BOTH of them :shock:
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Just got a hold of an early Chow Yun-Fat film that was wonderful, called Hong Kong 1941--it's about three friends trying to get through the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong in WWII.

Also saw beautiful Chinese film called Red Sorghum--one of the most powerful and beautifully photographed films I've seen.

Also got a hold of an old Bogart film, Beat the Devil--written and directed by John Huston. Very funny spoof on crime/capper films. The cast was fabulous and the film was made on a shoestring budget, but quite well done.

Also saw one of Wong Kar-Wai's early films, Fallen Angels--fabulous photography, amazing use of sound and music. The film was a bit bleak...bleaker than I expected, but still worthy of recommendation. WKW is easily one of the best directors working today. His film In the Mood for Love is a must see.

Shrek 2 had its moments, but had some real dead spots as well and felt a bit forced at many points. Our kids really liked it, though.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Slaine mac Roth

Of course we are starting to OD on Return of the King
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Phone Booth 8) GREAT flick! It is a short movie, less than an hour and a half but believe me, you are almost grateful when it ends. Very intense!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Hmm, it felt longer than that. :P It was a bit too dramatic for my taste, but it was beautifully done. A great film, but only a good movie in my book! ;)
kwndcpc

Movies

Post by kwndcpc »

Bubba Ho-Tep

Weird, funny, horror. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll say "what the F*** was that?"

It's now out on video/DVD.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

How could I forget Young Frankenstein????

Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman, Teri Garr, Madeline Kahn, Gene Hackman, Peter Boyle, and Cloris Leachman!!!

IMO, the funniest American movie ever made (and I refuse to debate The Holy Grail vs. Young Frankenstein)

Bl?cher!!!!!
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Medinaquirin

Re: Film Reviews

Post by Medinaquirin »

schuette wrote:I?m always on the look out for a good film........so without any spoilers if you think a film is good then tell us about it here......
I watched The Life of David Gale last night........I dont know if this is based on a true story or not but it kept me gripped, especially the second half...
Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet and Laura Linney (you?ll know the face) star in it and it was a bloody good film!
I didn't bother watching it all the way through, as I'm pretty sure I had it figured out in the first half hour. :?

I mean, geez, the entire plot was given away by his debate on the death penalty!
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
kwndcpc

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

Post by kwndcpc »

HEAR,HEAR!!!

One of the very best!!!!!!

If you are tired of the daily office grind, OFFICE SPACE is a classic!!!

Jennifer Anniston looks real good.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Orange County is a very very funny film..Jack Black is excellent in it.
Phone Booth.......what a film!!!
Shanghai Noon and Night........I love Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan together
Meet the Parents........I laughed all the way through that :lol:

oh and any Rutger Hauer film :wink: