Neil for my birthday

All about Neil

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Neil for my birthday

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Ok, I figured that would get your attention, ladies!! :lol:

I went to see my friend Craig's Rush tribute band last night. I had the pleasure of talking with their drummer, Derek. He got to be pals with Mr. Big's bass player back when that band opened for Rush (RTB years). So he had several candid shots of Neil in a photo album. I nearly DIED.

The first one was of NEP sitting on the side of the stage w/ one of Mr. Big. He had on a white tshirt, and they both had goofy (yet adorably CUTE) 'you're taking my picture' grins on their faces. Then there were several piccys of Neil at some bar, they were taken from behind the bar. Same tshirt. One was just him and some guy talking, apparently the guy had said something funny so Neil was laughing. Next one was Neil with a ciggy.

Then there were a couple of Neil with WOMEN beside him. You could tell the gals were thrilled to be there (who wouldn't be???), and Neil just had his 'photo smile' on his face. I couldn't help but think of Ghost Rider, him saying how he's so not a 'hottie'.....yet here he was, surrounded by women who were fawning, and him oblivious. 8) Quite priceless.

There was another one of all of the band w/ all of Mr. Big, and Neil had on a red sweatshirt and pants. Red is a VERY good color on him as we know. :)

There were also many photos of NEP at the kit from the RTB and HYF tours, looked like they were taken at soundcheck. Many GORGEOUS arm shots and cute facial expressions. :shock:

The only other thing that made me 'take a moment' was a post card that Derek got back in the days that Neil answered letters from Modern Drummer magazine. It was so cool.

Needless to say, I told Derek that we could have women from coast to coast thudded on the floor from these. If I get to know him better, I may beg to scan one or two for my website (which I did tell him about). Then again, these may be very personal momentos to him so we may be out of luck.

It was by far one of the biggest highlights of my birthday. :D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I DO believe the DRT sorority does still exist around here, no? We haven't had a meeting in a while but I DO believe if you posted that the flock would come around.... :shock: :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Er guess its just you and me now, Kares. :shock:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh no, it is not just the two of you. I have not burnt my DRT card yet1

*thud*

NEIL!!!!!!!!!!!
Onward and Upward!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

We were wondering about you, T! I wish you could have seen these piccys. SIGH!!!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

DRT.....

Sorry,....recent piccys of Himself...DRT!!!!!

*THUD* (P.S. did Geddy faint whe I wore that stoopid thong?... Ugh, I guess not... he musta been "jazzed" when he saw me in the hoola-hoop contest! :lol: )

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

NPG, how in the world do you ged to be sooooo lucky? It makes me happy that you got the chance to see these pics and also win the meet and greet with Ged and Alex, but it also makes me want to puke at the same time, cuz I never ged so lucky! Whay in Ged's name can't I ever be lucky enough to .....well, be so lucky!!!! :cry:
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Trust me, I'm usually not the lucky sort. I guess it was just my time!!! 8)