First Post & Rush Trivia Questions

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ22

First Post & Rush Trivia Questions

Post by YYZ22 »

Hello Gang,

First time to post. I'm a life long Rush fan (since late 70s). Enjoyed seeing the VT and 30th anniversary tour stops in Nashville. I treasure my 17 studio albums of Rush.

Can someone expand on "The Fear" series of songs (e.g., Witch Hunt, The Weapon, etc.) from the various albums? How many parts are there? Why are they out of order? Has Neil ever been asked these questions? Please educate me!

Another question: I noticed that La Villa Strangiato is broken into many chapters (see Liner Notes). Has anyone on this forum broken down when each one begins and ends?

I sure appreciate all responses to my questions!
Thanks,
YYZ 22
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

There's no special meaning to the order of the fear series, he had a trilogy out-lined and that's just the order that the concepts were finished, 3, 2, 1 and then I suppose he made 4 years later.

PART 1 / The Enemy Within on Grace Under Pressure
PART 2 / The Weapon on Signals
PART 3 / The Witchhunt on Moving Pictures
PART 4 / Freeze on Vapor Trails

As for La Villa, the parts just stand to mark different musical passages. I might break out my music book and denote them, but I don't feel like it :razz:

I think all of their longer songs might be divided in such a way.
YYZ22

Interesting ...

Post by YYZ22 »

that Neil would write a Part IV so many years later.

Thanks for your reply.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

As I recall, Neil had the three parts planned out and realized there was more to it and that is why he added the last part in so much later.
Onward and Upward!