Fact or fiction

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I think part of the problem comes with the name - UFO. An Unidentified Flying Object is, if taken literally, a flying object that can't be identified. So what Kevin saw was an unidentified flying object. This doesn't mean it was an alien craft (it may have been, I don't know).

I, personally, have seen three UFOs. They were all lights in the sky and didn't look or act like known aircraft. More than that I can't say be their very nature makes them UFOs. As to them being alien craft, I'll never know for sure.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:During one of the nights, everone sleeping on the floor in the living room (about seven of us) heard the sound of glasses being smashed around 3am despite the fact that all glassware had been removed from the room to allow sufficient sleeping room. Next morning, a concentrated search of the room found no broken glass anywhere. However, my sister's acoustic was full of beer. The next night, a light weight foam chair was placed on top of one of the sleepers in the room despite the fact that it had been moved into a corner out of the way, again to provide floor space, as well as someone playing her bass guitar in the night. The only people in the room with any musical ability were my sister and I. Both of us were on the opposite side of the room and would have been unable to reach the guitar without standing on at least three people. Finally, on the day I was due to return home, a hairbrush was seen to fly at my sister's ex, narrowly missing him. This was witnessed by about five people, especially the fact that no-one was stood near the surface where the brush had been lying..
Okay. Your sister had broken up with the boyfriend, but they were still living together. So when some property of hers gets damaged, or when a projectile is thrown at him, it's a fairly easy deduction to decide where the finger of suspicioun would point.

And with about seven people in the room, why would you need to postulate an additional entity who you'd blame for these events?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I've been visited by spirits I know that...so I do beleive in them. I have been visited by my dog, mostly in dreams but awake as well once on Samhuinn when the spirit world seems closest to us. The good thing about visits from her is that she is allways happy tho it still makes me sad to know she is gone. :( Thing that geds me is people usually react by fear when visited...I think people watch too many horror movies LOL

I've seen "UFOs"...I do believe in aliens but do they visit us? I dunno. Possibly...they are good at keeping their presence unknown or impossible to prove...hmmm.

Serpants and mosters live under my bed...ermmm otherwise I don't beleive in them.

:-D
We're all mad here!
Slaine mac Roth

DA - the point you are missing with the hairbrush is that no-one picked it up and threw it. It came from a part of the room where no-one was stood and the people in the room were malicious in any way, but well-balanced individuals not given to violent outbursts.

With regard to the breaking glasses, I made it quite clear that all the glass ware had been removed from the room and placed in the kitchen. This doesn't explain why the sound of breaking glass was inside the room where we all were sleeping and the only place to break a glass would have been over someone's head ot body. Seeing as there was no broken glass or bloodied bodies in the morning, I don't think your rationalisation holds water.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Devil's Advocate

How can you be sure the hairbrush hadn't been surrepticiously picked up by someone a few minutes (or even seconds) before?

As for the glass - how can you be sure it was in the room? If everyone was asleep ,how did anyone hear it? Where did the beer come from? (What brand was it?) Could it be that the beer had been in bottles, and someone emptied several into the guitar before disposing of the empty bottles by, say, dropping them out the window? Did anyone investigate the source of the sound of breaking glass at the time?
the only place to break a glass would have been over someone's head or body.
This is just... silly. Was there no furniture? Walls? floor? Hairbrush?
Seeing as there was no broken glass or bloodied bodies in the morning,
In the morning? I'd expect someone do check right then and there!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

What he's trying to say is the hairbrush flew from the side of a room nobody was in.
Slaine mac Roth

And i I had placed it there moments earlier as I had brushed my hair with it.

As to breaking the glass on furniture or anything else, to have done so would have meant stepping on least one other person. The room was pitch black - the windows onto the street were shuttered with the barest chink of light coming through - not enough to provide any ilumination. The reason why no-one checked was that no-one wanted to risk standing on a broken glass. Stupid I know as rolling over onto the same would have caused injury but at that time in the morning you don't exactly think logically.

Its alright to be a sceptic, I am one myself, but the trick is to be an open-minded sceptic.
Devil's Advocate

Slaine mac Roth wrote:And I had placed it there moments earlier as I had brushed my hair with it.
How long? Had no-one in this apparently crowded room been within arm's-length of it? How sure are you of its trajectory - how sure are you of where it had been thrown from?
As to breaking the glass on furniture or anything else, to have done so would have meant stepping on least one other person. The room was pitch black - the windows onto the street were shuttered with the barest chink of light coming through - not enough to provide any ilumination.
Ah. So no-one would have known if one of the people in the room had got up.
The reason why no-one checked was that no-one wanted to risk standing on a broken glass.
Did no-one think to switch on a light?
Stupid I know as rolling over onto the same would have caused injury but at that time in the morning you don't exactly think logically.
So there was enough space to roll over, but not enough for anyone to walk between the bodies?
Its alright to be a sceptic, I am one myself, but the trick is to be an open-minded sceptic.
Your implication?
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

D.A. play nice. :twisted: :-D
Slaine, are you sure nobody could have just quickly yanked up the brush and throw it? That could be an explanation. :-)
As for the beer in the guitar, either somebody is a clever prankster or it really was the ghost looking for attention. :? Any thoughts? :-)
I love my Welshman.
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

It was the spirit of a drummer! :shock:
Slaine mac Roth

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Slaine mac Roth wrote:And I had placed it there moments earlier as I had brushed my hair with it.
How long? Had no-one in this apparently crowded room been within arm's-length of it? How sure are you of its trajectory - how sure are you of where it had been thrown from?
Unfortuately, I neglected to put a stop watch on the matter, careless of me I know. However, it was less than five minutes. The brush moved past me so I could see that no-one else in the room threw it as everyone was in my field of view.
As to breaking the glass on furniture or anything else, to have done so would have meant stepping on least one other person. The room was pitch black - the windows onto the street were shuttered with the barest chink of light coming through - not enough to provide any ilumination.
Ah. So no-one would have known if one of the people in the room had got up.
Try reading the next lines before posing questions.
The reason why no-one checked was that no-one wanted to risk standing on a broken glass.
Did no-one think to switch on a light?
obviously not.
Stupid I know as rolling over onto the same would have caused injury but at that time in the morning you don't exactly think logically.
So there was enough space to roll over, but not enough for anyone to walk between the bodies?
There was room to roll onto your side. This means that there would have been room to walk between the bodies if there had been sufficent light which, as I have stated, there was not.
Your implication?
You instant jumping upon the slightest comment that it is not absolutely crystal clear seems to indicate that you've set your mind in stone on this and nothing will sway you. No offence - I love a challenge.
Devil's Advocate

Slaine mac Roth wrote:You instant jumping upon the slightest comment that it is not absolutely crystal clear seems to indicate that you've set your mind in stone on this and nothing will sway you. No offence - I love a challenge.
On the contrary. Evidence would "sway" me. Even a hole-free account would give me pause.
Slaine mac Roth

If that's the case, I apologise. Perhaps, having worked at McDonalds for five years I'm too used to people who can't see further than the bottom of a can of Carling, their groin and the next episode of Big Brother - ie O' vision.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Hey I'm watching Big Brother :x :roll:
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Everyone makes poor choices every now and then :roll:

I told you it was a bad idea awhile ago, but did you listen?? :roll: Nope.