By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Dates in Canada?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hossinvancouver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Two Dates in Canada? Reply with quote

I realize that European fans have waited a significant amount of time to see Rush. I also realize that most fans probably don't give a crap how many dates they play in Canada. However, I cannot get over how poorly represented their tour is in Canada this time around. Two dates? Two venues? No Vancouver. No western Canadian dates. And no answers from their management company...at all. The last time I complained about this, a European fan told me to go $!@#! myself. I don't care. I am still pissed off. I don't want to go to Seattle. I don't want to cross the border...but, it looks like I have no choice because there's no way I'm going 3000 miles to Toronto to watch them.
*Lifesonite

Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got something against the ol' U.S. of A.!??! Mad Mad

Just joking, yeah, that's pretty crappy that they're only playing 2 dates in Canada. Enjoy the show Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
awip2062

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Euorpean should not have responded that way. I mean, how would he feel if Rush didn't come to his area? Saying, "deal with it is one thing," but that was too much.
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in two minds about this.

Yes, its tough that Canada only gets two dates, especially as the band profess their patriotism so vociferously. However, two dates is a lot more than we in Europe usually get. In the UK, its been 12 years since they toured and, before that, there was a four year gap.

However, I agree that the European fan's response was out of line but take some comfort. For us in Europe, I think its probably the last time that we'll have a chance to see Rush live whereas you'll have a great many more. In addition, its possible that they may add some further Canadian dates at the end - you never know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: