I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON !!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

happysmilies007 wrote: i just don't think eli manning is all he's cracked up to be. it's not that he's a bad QB, he's really good, i just don't think he was worth that much to put Warner behind him.
Seeing both Peyton and Eli play for years (not to mention Archie and Cooper), I can tell you that without a doubt, Eli is the best pure athlete in that talented family. Warner was named the starter for NY, and as good as Eli is and will be, I think it was a smart move....gives him a full season to learn the ropes....then look out NFL.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

by-tor wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote: i just don't think eli manning is all he's cracked up to be. it's not that he's a bad QB, he's really good, i just don't think he was worth that much to put Warner behind him.
Seeing both Peyton and Eli play for years (not to mention Archie and Cooper), I can tell you that without a doubt, Eli is the best pure athlete in that talented family. Warner was named the starter for NY, and as good as Eli is and will be, I think it was a smart move....gives him a full season to learn the ropes....then look out NFL.
Well, someone in that family should be able to win the big one. We know it ain't Peyton....

:twisted:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
by-tor wrote:
Well, someone in that family should be able to win the big one. We know it ain't Peyton....

Ahhhhhhhhhh I was waiting for the ole "Peyton can't win the big one" spiel. How refreshing.... At least it is not a Patriot fan telling me that now. :roll: hmmmm lets see... led his team to the playoffs the last 4 of his six years in the league, won 12 games last year, won the AFC South, blew Denver out in the wildcard game with a perfect rating and beat KC on the road. and all this with a suspect defense as most people are quick to say... I thought taking your team to the AFC title game would get that "big one" monkey off his back... but I guess not... I wonder how many teams would love to have to have that "loser" on their team. I wonder how many teams would have jumped all over him if the Colt's had not ponied up all that cash. Look out people, this could be Manning's year...
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Now come on, Soup. You can't give shit without expecting a little back.

Nothing personal mind you, it's just that Peyton Manning is a whining girlie man who can't win the Big Game. Until he has a ring, all that other crap is pointless (unlike the top of by-tor's head).

GOD I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I can take it too. Sorry I gave the impression of being upset. I know its all in good fun.... I love the trash talking, you and By-tor crack me up...
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:I can take it too. Sorry I gave the impression of being upset. I know its all in good fun.... I love the trash talking, you and By-tor crack me up...
Okay then, good.

You AFC Bastard.

I really think of by-tor as more sad than funny, but to each his own. I mean, one playoff win in the team's ENTIRE history...that's barely professional football at all...
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:I really think of by-tor as more sad than funny, but to each his own. I mean, one playoff win in the team's ENTIRE history...that's barely professional football at all...
Yeah, one playoff win in 35+ years is pretty bad. Damn, I'd hate to be the team that the Saints beat. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

by-tor wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:I really think of by-tor as more sad than funny, but to each his own. I mean, one playoff win in the team's ENTIRE history...that's barely professional football at all...
Yeah, one playoff win in 35+ years is pretty bad. Damn, I'd hate to be the team that the Saints beat. :twisted:
Unless of course that team has won 3 NFL Titles, is the 2 time defending NFC West Champion, and still holds the NFL record for winning their division 7 years in a row...

I know all that fancy 'rithmatic isn't your strong suit, but please: you're embarrasing yourself.

REPENT! RAMMAGEDDON IS AT HAND!!!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Unless of course that team has won 3 NFL Titles, is the 2 time defending NFC West Champion, and still holds the NFL record for winning their division 7 years in a row...

I know all that fancy 'rithmatic isn't your strong suit, but please: you're embarrasing yourself.

"...the evil that men do often lives after them, the good is often burried with thier bones...."

Remember, the Yankees have won 26 World Series, but they now hold the record for worst defeat.

:twisted: :razz:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

If the Colts had won 26 titles, I can take getting my ass kicked once.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Ahhhhhhhhhh I was waiting for the ole "Peyton can't win the big one" spiel. How refreshing.... At least it is not a Patriot fan telling me that now.
We have his number, what can we say? :-D :-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhh I was waiting for the ole "Peyton can't win the big one" spiel. How refreshing.... At least it is not a Patriot fan telling me that now.
You had his number. The competition comittee has now taken that away from you. :-D Serious though Sept 9 is going to be a great game. I think it will probably turn into a shootout.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
You had his number. The competition comittee has now taken that away from you. :-D
Chronic whining will do that for you. :-D
Serious though Sept 9 is going to be a great game. I think it will probably turn into a shootout.
Agreed
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

He never whined about it, Peyt merely said that since the refs were not calling it, he wished that our DBs would have been more physical. Harrison and co are going to have a big night Thursday because your secondary does not have the speed and can only defend our receivers by holding them. Take a look at replays from the title game. I saw one where Law almost had Harrison's jersey over his head in the end zone waaaay beyond 5 yards. They should have also make a rule about faking an injury when a team is in their no huddle offense. :-D no sour grapes though, that was last year.... I can't wait until Sept 9th Go Colts
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

When the Pats wipe the floor yet again with the Colts...no sour grapes.

Law had three picks the title game last year....no holding.

:-D