Check out this moron in NY...

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

awip2062 wrote:I don't think the guy is worth it. A letter maybe, but not a good beating. Besides, do we really want to be known as the Rush bulletin board version of the mob? lol

Oh, I don't tickle, 3, I duct tape and then I torture by standing there eating pizza and not letting you have any or playing horrid music for you while I listen to Rush on my headset!
You'd really do that to me? Just don't play any Human League..... that's all I ask :-D :lol:
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

awip2062 wrote:Besides, do we really want to be known as the Rush bulletin board version of the mob? lol
wouldn't bother me!
awip2062 wrote:Oh, I don't tickle, 3, I duct tape and then I torture by standing there eating pizza and not letting you have any or playing horrid music for you while I listen to Rush on my headset!
heehee!! ok, now we've got it all planned out!! you duct tape him everywhere but his neck, tush, & stomach, so while me, Kares, & 3T are working, you stand there & eat pizza & listen to RUSH on your headset..meanwhile listening to O Baterista and marveling at what a great percussionist Alex is! :P

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

happysmilies007 wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Besides, do we really want to be known as the Rush bulletin board version of the mob? lol
wouldn't bother me!
awip2062 wrote:Oh, I don't tickle, 3, I duct tape and then I torture by standing there eating pizza and not letting you have any or playing horrid music for you while I listen to Rush on my headset!
heehee!! ok, now we've got it all planned out!! you duct tape him everywhere but his neck, tush, & stomach, so while me, Kares, & 3T are working, you stand there & eat pizza & listen to RUSH on your headset..meanwhile listening to O Baterista and marveling at what a great percussionist Alex is! :P

I can get a horses head if we need one! I'm Sicilian ya know!!!!
happysmilies007

hooray!! a horse's head!! may i ask what it'd be for??

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Whaaat, happy? Nobody has ever "made you an offer you couldn't refuse?" :twisted:

Oh, gadfadda, 3T! :razz:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Kares4Rush wrote:Whaaat, happy? Nobody has ever "made you an offer you couldn't refuse?" :twisted:

We could always take the guy out on the lake.... and as he's reciting a Hail Mary... ya pop 'im... right in the back of the skull... ' I always knew it was you, Fredo.... Ya broke my heart'... :lol:
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

3 travelers wrote:I can get a horses head if we need one! I'm Sicilian ya know!!!!
Great. I'm starving and the wife hasn't left for the Chinese Take-away yet.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:
3 travelers wrote:I can get a horses head if we need one! I'm Sicilian ya know!!!!
Great. I'm starving and the wife hasn't left for the Chinese Take-away yet.
Having some Kung-pao pigeon for dinner,Slaine? Sounds delish!!!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

BLEAAAGH!!! I'm gettin grossed out here! :shock:

Ironcically I JUST had Chinese for lunch and logged on! :shock:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Kares4Rush wrote:BLEAAAGH!!! I'm gettin grossed out here! :shock:

Ironcically I JUST had Chinese for lunch and logged on! :shock:
Sorry Kares..... couldn't help it :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh man! You all are funny! I am glad I am a part of this board.

Perhaps we should torture the writer of that absurd piece of work with Rush! hehehehehehe
Onward and Upward!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

awip2062 wrote:Oh man! You all are funny! I am glad I am a part of this board.

Perhaps we should torture the writer of that absurd piece of work with Rush! hehehehehehe
Certainly glad we brighten your day :lol:
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

3 travelers wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Oh man! You all are funny! I am glad I am a part of this board.

Certainly glad we brighten your day :lol:
This board is a GREAT place to come to have one's day brightened! I know I don't make it here nearly as often as I would like but when I do pop in, I am always --> :-D

Anywho... to counteract the schmuck in NYC, here's what I like to call a Real Reviewer had to say about Feedback.

"This is a riot! Rather than put out some windy and dreary box set to celebrate their 30th anniversary, Canada's seminal power prog band and one of big rock's most enduring units turns the tables and lays out hot and heavy covers of nine classics from the annals of rock & roll history. The track list is amazing, and the cool thing is that the arrangements of these nuggets are not all ripped up and mutated, either. "Summertime Blues" may begin as a nod to Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady," but it comes roaring back as an acknowledged homage to the Who's Live at Leeds version. The version of Stephen Stills' "For What It's Worth" begins as a slippery little acoustic tune but quickly turns into a heavy, droning rock orgy. "The Seeker" goes for the jugular in the same way that the Who's did; Geddy's sneer has a little less contempt than Daltrey's but it's just as hungry and desperate. "Heart Full of Soul" is pure psychedelic Yardbirds elegance with a bunch of space and dimension added to redeem the track for the 21st century. The backmasked guitars on "Mr. Soul" and Neil Peart's deliberate mix of thud and snap give the cut a solid footing for Alex Lifeson to unhurriedly coax Lee's vocal along the lyric. The ringing of Lifeson's chords that barely hold this side of overblown feedback is masterful in keeping the original spirit of the song while future-dating its sonics. Rush's read of "Seven and Seven Is" is much faster that Love's original, but its barely-on-the-rails tempo is welcome in lieu of the fact that these guys are all in their fifties and play like they're kids. "Shapes of Things to Come" is fun, and a real attempt to provide nuance to a great song, especially the cross-channel fading in the guitar mix. But on "Crossroads," the other bookend of this EP, Rush give a romper-stomper wailing performance of Cream's arrangement of Robert Johnson's seminal blues tune. Lifeson leaves Eric what's-his-name in the dust. Lee may not be the vocalist that Jack Bruce is but he kicks his ass as a bass player, and his moment of glory in this cut tears the roof off the song. None of these tunes are done with an ounce of camp. What the listener encounters is a Rush that has never ever been heard before: they indulge in the hero-worship and dream roots of the garage band that eventually became Rush, and they simultaneously search for the young garage band whose members never dreamed they'd be playing these tunes 30 years later as Rush. Anyone who thinks that there is no life left in the classics of the genre needs to hear this. That something this wild and freewheeling could only be pulled off by a band with 30 years experience is not only worth noting, but celebrating. Thom Jurek"
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I don't think I could have said it better myself. Its just a shame he can't count. Last time I looked, there were only eight tracks.

Still, its nice to see Rush getting the sort of review I've not come across since Geoff Barton was writing for Sounds.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

Kares4Rush wrote:Whaaat, happy? Nobody has ever "made you an offer you couldn't refuse?" :twisted:

oooooooooh!! see, i figured it was something to do with the mob, but alas, the only thing close to a mob movie i haff seen would be The Untouchables, which just had a mob-looking kid in it..lol! so regale me: what would the horse head be for??!!