By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Live Reply with quote

Oh my! This group has really grabbed ahold of me! I bought their album Throwing Copper after hearing a 6 pack on the radio and I've been hooked ever since. I've almost completed my collection of their catalog and am hoping to be done soon. Two more albums to get!

The musicianship and lyric writing of these guys is incredible. I'd have to say my favorite songs are Iris, Pain Lies On The Riverside, and The Beauty of Gray ("This is not a black and white world, To be alive I say the colors must swirl"). But really, I love them all! Anyone else??

If you aren't familiar with them, their bass player is just amazing. Check out "Pain Lies..." for a phenomenal example. And "Iris" will really show off the drums. Well, that's this non-musician talking...

They are touring this fall and I'm planning on catching them at their hometown York County Fair in PA and again in Atlantic City. Cool
D'Anconia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Live. I have a few of their CDs. I've never had the chance to see them, uh, live, but I'd like to.

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
3 travelers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Live Reply with quote

PV wrote:
Oh my! This group has really grabbed ahold of me! I bought their album Throwing Copper after hearing a 6 pack on the radio and I've been hooked ever since. I've almost completed my collection of their catalog and am hoping to be done soon. Two more albums to get!

The musicianship and lyric writing of these guys is incredible. I'd have to say my favorite songs are Iris, Pain Lies On The Riverside, and The Beauty of Gray ("This is not a black and white world, To be alive I say the colors must swirl"). But really, I love them all! Anyone else??

If you aren't familiar with them, their bass player is just amazing. Check out "Pain Lies..." for a phenomenal example. And "Iris" will really show off the drums. Well, that's this non-musician talking...

They are touring this fall and I'm planning on catching them at their hometown York County Fair in PA and again in Atlantic City. Cool
I absolutely loved the first album... songs like Waterboy and Pain.... great stuff. Alas... that is all I have from them along with Secret Samadhi
Ogg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought 'Throwing Copper' was a truly excellent album. I remember playing it for such a long time. I bought the follow up 'Secret Sahmedi' and have downloaded one other but I couldnt retain my interest.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all but Secret Samadhi and I find that even V is growing on me, though I did not like quite a few songs on that one at first. This is an amazing group and I love their music! Very Happy
Raiden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy Throwing Copper as well. "Horse" is the only song on the album I consider to be a load of crap, followed by "Waitress".

Everybody's good enough for some change.
CygnusX1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good Pennsylvania band if there ever was one.

I enjoy them too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Other Music All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: