First time you ever 'saw' Rush?

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

First time you ever 'saw' Rush?

Post by Ogg »

Inspired by D'A's thread. Got me thinking about my first listen (MP's) and my initial shock at actually 'seeing' Rush for the first time, as featured in the Exit Stage Left video. I lived with Mp and 2112 for a while before renting the vhs. Already a convert to the NP covenant, I remember being shocked that an emmence drummer could be..well...smartly dressed! This was in my youth when I had the hair, the denim, the leather, lol.
Some of you may have seen them first via mtv or maybe an interview, a full concert video like myself. Some may have been fortunate to catch a first glimpse of them in the flesh? Only time may tell... :-)
Last edited by Ogg on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

just music videos from live closer to the heart hear with a cool endjam, i do have afriend musican who thiknks peart is trash though, i laugh at him, modern musicians suck for a reason
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

I inspired? Cool. The first time I saw Rush, real or on TV, was in concert in 1983 during the Signals tour in Frankfurt, Germany. Later that summer my family moved back to the States and as we stayed in hotels that got cable (rare in those days, hard to believe) I saw Subdivisions and Countdown on MTV.

We moved to Newport, RI (which did NOT have cable) but I did manage to get ESL on VHS. Plus, after P/G came out Distant Early Warning was on "Friday Night Videos" on NBC. Anyone remember that?
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

I bought A Show of Hands on VHS when it came out.

I didn't see a live concert in person until the Presto Tour, though I've seen all of them since.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

let's see..i can't remember the first time i ever SAW the best musicians in the world, but i think it was probably an insert in one of their albums. the first time i saw them on the tube was probably on the Chronicles DVD, which i got for Christmas one year! :D :D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

The first time I saw them was pics on the 'net. The first time I saw them moving in action was on the Vapor Trails tour 8)

:-D
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Other than pictures in mags and on albums, the first two times I saw Rush were over the space of two days.

November 4 1981, I was at their first night at Wembley Arena on the Exit...Stage left Tour.
November 5 1981, Top of the Pops showed the live Tom Sawyer video as the single had got into the lower reaches of the charts.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

omigosh, my first RUSH concert..everybody from rush.net probably knows this: Presto tour, at St. Pete in Februrary of 1990, 3 months before i was born. :-D

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

You were there but you did not see them. :P

:evil:
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

The first time I saw them live was in July of 1984 for the GUP tour.

The first time I saw them, tho, was on the ESL video. I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"

:razz: :razz:
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
happysmilies007

but i heard them full well!!

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

happysmilies007 wrote:omigosh, my first RUSH concert..everybody from rush.net probably knows this: Presto tour, at St. Pete in Februrary of 1990, 3 months before i was born. :-D

What?!? You're but a wee one.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

D'Anconia wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:omigosh, my first RUSH concert..everybody from rush.net probably knows this: Presto tour, at St. Pete in Februrary of 1990, 3 months before i was born. :-D

What?!? You're but a wee one.
sure am! turned 14 in May! :D :D :D

kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

The first time I saw them was probably when I bought the Chronicles DVD. The first time I saw them live was on this tour at the Pittsburgh show.
Kazz
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

First live experience was the RTB tour.....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!