By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peaceable Kingdom & Half the World
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
happysmilies007



Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Posts: 1564
Location: out in the boondocks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Peaceable Kingdom & Half the World Reply with quote

did anybody else notice that both of these songs have the same intro? i thought it was really cool. i first noticed it a year ago when my dad & i were watching Neil Peart: A Work in Progress. i was positive they were the same!!

if you have any doubts, listen to them consecutively .. you'll get it!!

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
_________________
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3 travelers



Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 2271
Location: brooklyn, ny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Peaceable Kingdom & Half the World Reply with quote

happysmilies007 wrote:
did anybody else notice that both of these songs have the same intro? i thought it was really cool. i first noticed it a year ago when my dad & i were watching Neil Peart: A Work in Progress. i was positive they were the same!!

if you have any doubts, listen to them consecutively .. you'll get it!!

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
That was the first thing my wife said when she heard Peaceable Kingdom.
_________________
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir Myghin



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9184
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the slight nuance beince the harmonic runs at the begining of peacable
and the fact that chords in this case are implied by the bass guitar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
happysmilies007



Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Posts: 1564
Location: out in the boondocks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just meant the basic melody, i didn't wanna go into detail cause i'm sure i'd mess it up, but you're definitely right.

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
_________________
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
*Lifesonite



Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Posts: 3442
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever he said, he seems to know what he's talking about, yes? Confused
_________________
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
happysmilies007



Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Posts: 1564
Location: out in the boondocks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, whatever that was!

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
_________________
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir Myghin



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9184
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*big smile*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
happysmilies007



Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Posts: 1564
Location: out in the boondocks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
_________________
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3 travelers



Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 2271
Location: brooklyn, ny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happysmilies007 wrote:
Very Happy

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Hi diddly ho Happy... How are ya today?
_________________
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
happysmilies007



Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Posts: 1564
Location: out in the boondocks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
Very Happy

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Hi diddly ho Happy... How are ya today?


quoting, 3T, thanks for asking! how might you be?

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
_________________
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3 travelers



Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 2271
Location: brooklyn, ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happysmilies007 wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
Very Happy

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Hi diddly ho Happy... How are ya today?


quoting, 3T, thanks for asking! how might you be?

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Took off from work on Thursday...only to be aggrevated to all shit today!!!! Time to find that lead pipe.... or horses head Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad
_________________
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
happysmilies007



Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Posts: 1564
Location: out in the boondocks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
Very Happy

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Hi diddly ho Happy... How are ya today?


quoting, 3T, thanks for asking! how might you be?

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Took off from work on Thursday...only to be aggrevated to all shit today!!!! Time to find that lead pipe.... or horses head Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad


the lead pipe is mine!! you're stuck with the horse's head, remember? Razz

carolynn
_________________
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3 travelers



Joined: 01 Jul 2004
Posts: 2271
Location: brooklyn, ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happysmilies007 wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
Very Happy

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Hi diddly ho Happy... How are ya today?


quoting, 3T, thanks for asking! how might you be?

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Took off from work on Thursday...only to be aggrevated to all shit today!!!! Time to find that lead pipe.... or horses head Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad


the lead pipe is mine!! you're stuck with the horse's head, remember? Razz

carolynn
Can't I just borrow it for a minute? I'm desperate here . I need to cause physical damage
_________________
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
happysmilies007



Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Posts: 1564
Location: out in the boondocks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:
Very Happy

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Hi diddly ho Happy... How are ya today?


quoting, 3T, thanks for asking! how might you be?

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
Took off from work on Thursday...only to be aggrevated to all shit today!!!! Time to find that lead pipe.... or horses head Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad


the lead pipe is mine!! you're stuck with the horse's head, remember? Razz

carolynn
Can't I just borrow it for a minute? I'm desperate here . I need to cause physical damage


alright..but make sure it's in one piece when you give it back!!

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
_________________
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir Myghin



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9184
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lead pipes how primitive, hope tis not from your plumbing, copper is much better
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group