By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bass vocals keyboards at the same??!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: bass vocals keyboards at the same??! Reply with quote

i've just heard that Geddy plays bass, keyboards and sings at the same time!!!! w00ow:P does anyone got a pic???
happysmilies007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never heard of him doing all 3 at the same time, but he does sing and play both frequently at concerts. i still think it's absolutely INCREDIBLE that this man can switch back & forth & back & forth..& omg, what a multitasker! Razz

carolynn
H3WMW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it would be physically impossible to play bass and keyboards at the same time as you would need more than 2 hands for that unless Ged played an open string like E,A,D or G and played keys with his left hand,
I think he generally plays bass with his hands and uses keyboard Taurus pedals which he can generate noises or trigger certain sequenced parts with his feet.

I think "Force Ten" would be his most "multi-tasked" song as he has to sing "Tough times demand tough talk......" while playing TWO things on bass and triggering parts with his feet ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

If any of you have got "A Show Of Hands" on VHS or DVD then watch Ged closely playing Force Ten. You'll then know what I mean.

Bassist of Joe's Band

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigdude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also saw a dudes signature from in here saying sth about this.... oh here it is.. is from this "*Lifesonithe" guy Razz Here it is:

I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
happysmilies007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes, that would be from Immortal for a Ltd Time..a truly great poster here at by-tor

carolynn
3 travelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happysmilies007 wrote:
ah yes, that would be from Immortal for a Ltd Time..a truly great poster here at by-tor

carolynn
Ah, yes.... the Mighty Immortal... a great poster indeed, C

Last edited by 3 travelers on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigdude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i find it??!!
happysmilies007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, 3

actually bigdude, i meant a member..who posts, therefore, a poster! sorry for the confusion! Embarassed

carolynn
Walkinghairball

Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdude wrote:
i also saw a dudes signature from in here saying sth about this.... oh here it is.. is from this "*Lifesonithe" guy Razz Here it is:

I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT

Hey bub, a late welcome to our happy place. Your question was about Gedster and his crosstraining regiment. Well I like to be the 1st to give you the correct answer to your Question about the signature of a certain poster.

((To everyone who answered this, remember, I am a funny joker, not a malicious ball buster.))

Your answer is *Lifesonite. He has been AWOL for over 2 months now.

...................Your friendly neighborhood Walkinghairball......................

And after re-reading your post, I saw you already got the correct answer yourself to the question in general, so, for all of you I insulted trying to be funny and , like always failing, I'm sorry........... I'll shut up and go away to drink my Jagermeister with ME................... OUTTAHERE!!!!!!!!!!
bigdude

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe ok thnx:P
white-haired uncle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H3WMW wrote:
Although it would be physically impossible to play bass and keyboards at the same time as you would need more than 2 hands for that unless Ged played an open string like E,A,D or G and played keys with his left hand,
I think he generally plays bass with his hands and uses keyboard Taurus pedals which he can generate noises or trigger certain sequenced parts with his feet.

I think "Force Ten" would be his most "multi-tasked" song as he has to sing "Tough times demand tough talk......" while playing TWO things on bass and triggering parts with his feet ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

If any of you have got "A Show Of Hands" on VHS or DVD then watch Ged closely playing Force Ten. You'll then know what I mean.

NO MORE taurus pedals, he uses korg and yamaha midi pedals now.
Immortal for a Ltd Time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my!!

I haven't been here in ages, and when I come back, I see that some folks have been talking about me! Embarassed Thanks for the nice words!!

I don't remember which thread I said that quote in, but I was talking about the first time I watched the Exit..Stage Left video, many many MANY years ago Shocked . There are several songs where Ged sings, plays bass, and plays his Taurus pedals with his feet...Xanadu, Freewill, Tom Sawyer, just to name a few. I truly was amazed by him...mesmerized even. Since that day, I still will watch him perform filled with awe.
By the way, I'm pretty sure he has played open strings on his bass while playing the keyboard with his fret hand...or, at least, hit some triggers.

Plus, I must say, he is mighty easy on the eyes...IMHO Cool hehehehe....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Geddy Lee All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: