Thom Yorke (Radiohead)

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Thom Yorke (Radiohead)

Post by Ogg »

I rate Radiohead as one of the most important English bands of all time. The classic album 'OK Computer' should be part of any self respecting music fans collection.
The most recent material is an eclectic mix so earlier material may be more accessible to some.
Anyway, lead vocal/guitar/piano/songwriter Thom Yorke peformed an acoustic benefit show in support of his old school in 2002. I've just found a bootleg of the entire show, excellent acoustic versions of 'Paranoid Android' 'Street Spirit' etc etc :-) . Thought you'd like to know.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i dunno the who was way cooler than radiohead , i think the who was english anyway lol
Fridge

Re: Thom Yorke (Radiohead)

Post by Fridge »

Ogg wrote:I rate Radiohead as one of the most important English bands of all time. The classic album 'OK Computer' should be part of any self respecting music fans collection.
The most recent material is an eclectic mix so earlier material may be more accessible to some.
Anyway, lead vocal/guitar/piano/songwriter Thom Yorke peformed an acoustic benefit show in support of his old school in 2002. I've just found a bootleg of the entire show, excellent acoustic versions of 'Paranoid Android' 'Street Spirit' etc etc :-) . Thought you'd like to know.
Just found this believe it or not...

Totally agree with you. Radiohead are without a shadow of a doubt the best curent band in the business, and I believe it will be some considerable time before the sublime "OK Computer" will be topped by anyone..."The Bends" and "Pablo Honey" are also pretty accessible, though "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" may not have such a wide appeal.... the sublime "Hail to the Thief" their most recent outing is superb as well, and confirms their position as top of the heap
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
schuette

Post by schuette »

I like Muse better....although I do love Radiohead...
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

schuette wrote:I like Muse better....although I do love Radiohead...

Don't get me wrong, i think Muse are up there, but I personally feel that Radiohead have that little bit extra that brings them out a nose in front
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
schuette

Post by schuette »

I was gonna say it could be the experience that Radiohead have over Muse but then again Muse's first album has always remained my favourite...
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

I've heard alot about this band called "Radio Head" So where should I begin with this band? Who can you compare their music with. Have I heard this band before? I must have. How can I be so ignorant? I must do something about this!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

schuette wrote:I was gonna say it could be the experience that Radiohead have over Muse but then again Muse's first album has always remained my favourite...
What! For shame Schu'. The debut Muse album is soooo Radiohead, I hated it but I do like the latter stuff. No oe can honestly compare Muse to Radiohead in that respect. Stictly light v heavyweight.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Monkey Wrench wrote:I've heard alot about this band called "Radio Head" So where should I begin with this band? Who can you compare their music with. Have I heard this band before? I must have. How can I be so ignorant? I must do something about this!
Downlaod before you buy, try this http://www.torrentstop.com/torrents.php ... incldead=0 . 'Ok Computer' is a classic as are the earlier 'The Bends' and 'Pablo Honey'. Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief and Com Lag should be approached AFTER these :-) .
schuette

Post by schuette »

Ogg wrote:
schuette wrote:I was gonna say it could be the experience that Radiohead have over Muse but then again Muse's first album has always remained my favourite...
What! For shame Schu'. The debut Muse album is soooo Radiohead, I hated it but I do like the latter stuff. No oe can honestly compare Muse to Radiohead in that respect. Stictly light v heavyweight.
I never compared them and yeah I agree that Muse's first album is quite radioheadish.......well some of the tracks but I still would rather listen to Muse first.......unless I want to get really depressed ;-) ...j/k :-D
and no matter what you say the debut album from Muse is still my fav album 8)
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

Thanks Ogg. I will prepare the ears for the unknown.