NPG and Chas - An Important Announcement

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Chasartymac

NPG and Chas - An Important Announcement

Post by Chasartymac »

Hello By Torians!!!!! I'm posting this on behalf of myself and NPG.
This post was originally posted by NPG on Counterparts. I'm taking the same post and adjusting it to suit here.

This 'announcement' probably won't come as a shock to many of you, particularly the ones of you who frequent our shack of lurve on CP however; we are most pleased and happy to announce that what you have witnessed between us is REAL -- we truly are two people madly in love, and we are planning our future together even as we speak.

Our tale is quite a tale indeed, but to make a long story short: the release of 'Rush in Rio' brought me to CP and this board, which is when our paths crossed. In the past several months, both of our lives have gone through some serious and drastic changes which is, in a roundabout way, how we found ourselves in this place. Of course, this didn't come about lightly or with little thought ?and even we are aware of the ?speed of love;? but MANY hours spent on phone calls, emails, private messages and Yahoo messenger / webcam sessions led us to the inevitable conclusion that we had been struck by Cupid?s arrow and blown away by the thunderbolt.

?Sweet memories
I never thought it would be like this
Reminding me
Just how close I came to missing
I know that
This is the way for me to go
You'll be there
When you know what I know
And I know...?

Once we meet face to face a few times, and after some announcements to family, we are planning to wed sometime next year (summer or fall) -- first in London, and then in the hills of Tennessee. We have already invited Ken and Julie, (CP's admin), to the Tennessee nuptials, as we it just wouldn?t be right without them. Then, we'll be going through the process of making me a resident of the United States and starting our new life -- together.

So, there you have it. We would like to thank Ken and Julie for providing the means to bring us together. Also, to the rest of you for tolerating and humouring our loving frivolity. We have the best family on the internet, and we enjoy all the chaos, the Rush, the friendships, the family, the drama and the FUN that ensues?.and we wanted to share our happiness with all of you.

?We are secrets to each other / Each one's life a novel / No one else has read
Even joined in bonds of love / We're linked to one another / By such slender threads?.?
Last edited by Chasartymac on Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Hi Chas,

I do not know you mate, but let me be the first here to say Congratulations!!!

I'm very happy for you both.
Bassist of Joe's Band

Chasartymac

Post by Chasartymac »

Cheers my man. It's good to 'meet' you.Image

I'm sure that NPG will be along soon too.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

That is simply amazing. Heartfelt congratulations to you both.
shaman

Post by shaman »

AWESOME
congrats to you both
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Hello Chas. :-) Actually, I've known about this all along. NPG told me the truth of it sometime ago. So does this mean that D.A. and I are going to see you both around anytime soon? :D I'll be visiting the UK in October. More details about that much later. Cheers to you both man. =D>
I love my Welshman.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Yes, I was remiss in posting this here, so thanks to my sweetheart for doing so. 8) We are both VERY excited and happy and looking forward to our future together. :love2: Maybe you'll see us both at the next Rushcon!?? :D

Rushlight: ya never know, we may just be able to pull off a meeting sometime! Looks like I'll probably be in London in April. :)
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Ya gotta be careful with those people ya meet on the 'Net. They're freaks. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

Congrats guys.

After seeing all the posts you two were making on CP and here I was wondering how long it would be until one of you popped the question.

PS, I'll gladly show up at the Tennessee ceremony if I can get the location.
Kazz
Chasartymac

Post by Chasartymac »

Thanks so much everyone.

Rushlight, there's an awful lot to sort out before I'm flying one way, but a visit or two may be par.............

..............although on a short visit, as you can imagine, there prolly won't be too many sightings of me or NPG for days!!!!!

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

kazzman wrote:Congrats guys.

After seeing all the posts you two were making on CP and here I was wondering how long it would be until one of you popped the question.

PS, I'll gladly show up at the Tennessee ceremony if I can get the location.
Hee hee, it didn't take too long, did it?? :love6:

And don't worry, we'll be sure and let all the Counterpeeps in the TN vicinity know about the nuptials. :-D
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Chasartymac wrote:Thanks so much everyone!

..............although on a short visit, as you can imagine, there prolly won't be too many sightings of me or NPG for days!!!!!

indeed.........! :oops:
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

CONGRATULATIONS!!

omg, i'm so happy for you two!! it has truly become obvious that now your love cannot be contained in a single country! you MUST get someone to take piccys of the wedding for us!! i only live a hop skip & a jump away from tennessee, but the rents would not approve of me meeting anyone over the internet..only because they don't know what wonderful people you both are!! :-D i'll start my prayers for you as a couple tonight..although i don't think y'all will need it in the least!!

hugs & kisses for the happy couple!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

neilpeart_gal wrote:And don't worry, we'll be sure and let all the Counterpeeps in the TN vicinity know about the nuptials. :-D
Counterpeeps in the vicinity of Tri-Net??? :razz: :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Ahhggggh! She got the last GOOD one!!! :-D

NPG and Chasy you just gotta KNOW how happy I am for the two of you. Girly girl thank you for all the wonderful "sessions" in confidence while I witnessed what was happening. You deserve the best and from what I know about Chas so does he!

Now you both have it!!!!

*Kares goes off to find a by-torian wedding gift*

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...