By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 YEARS AGO TODAY......................
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H3WMW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: 30 YEARS AGO TODAY...................... Reply with quote

..........Mr Neil Ellwood Peart played his first gig with Mr Gary Lee Weinrib and Mr Alexander Zivojinovich as the new Rush at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, PA (14th August 1974)!!!

The songs played by the trio were.....

Finding My Way
In The Mood
Bad Boy
Working Man/Drum Solo

When the boys play tonight at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey and they break into Finding My Way, I wonder if they'll cast their minds back 30 years ago to the day when they first played it.

Also looking forward to seeing YYZ tonight at Harlem in Kirkcaldy so this night should be really special.

Bassist of Joe's Band

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its frightening. I was 7
H3WMW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't even born. Shocked

Bassist of Joe's Band

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kazzman

Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't even thought of.
Ogg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a boot of the show. Poor quality but good to own I suppose. Imagine the nerves of a certain Mr Peart...and the man has the confidence to perform a solo. What a guy!

ps: I was also 7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another then 7 year old checking in, wishing she had been there with all her fellow Rushian friends here.
*Lifesonite

Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, everybody ged in the Magic School Bus and go back to August 14th, 1974 Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been nice
awip2062

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Lifesonite wrote:
Yeah, everybody ged in the Magic School Bus and go back to August 14th, 1974 Razz

Do you think we could talk Mz. Frizzle into that for a field trip? We could say it is science-related cuz Neil is the Professor and Alex is so into science, and well, Rush is great with timing and that is math.
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 YEARS AGO TODAY...................... Reply with quote

H3WMW wrote:

When the boys play tonight at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey and they break into Finding My Way, I wonder if they'll cast their minds back 30 years ago to the day when they first played it.

Geddy did make mention of that night being the "official" 30 year anniversary and it was very cool for us all to be there to help celebrate! The show was incredible (duh) and what a treat to be with The Boys on such a special date for them.
3 travelers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 YEARS AGO TODAY...................... Reply with quote

PV wrote:
H3WMW wrote:

Geddy did make mention of that night being the "official" 30 year anniversary and it was very cool for us all to be there to help celebrate! The show was incredible (duh) and what a treat to be with The Boys on such a special date for them.
I'm sad that I missed you PV.... and an incredible show it was... can't wait until Thursday
Kares4Rush

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 YEARS AGO TODAY...................... Reply with quote

PV wrote:
H3WMW wrote:

Yah, at PNC he said that 30 years ago that day (August 14) was their FIRST time playing "at this very nape." Whatta way with words. Cool

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those men! I love the way they are. So unlike most "rock stars." Quite refreshing, really.
ElfDude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 years ago...

I was 11.

My favorite TV show was Star Trek
My favorite movie was Yellow Submarine
My favorite song was I'm Your Captain by Grand Funk

I hadn't heard of this thing called Rush... that would come four years later when the Farewell to Kings tour came to town. I didn't see it, but I heard of 'em...
awip2062

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 years ago, I was 7, as I said before.

My favourite TV show was Star Trek.
I had no favourite movie, as we did not go to the drive-in much.
My favourite song was likely something we sang at school or one of the country-western things my mom played.

I spent most of my time alone, running around the mountains where I lived, playing in the river, exploring the wild animal trails, climbing the cliffs, eating wild plants, buiilding shelters, bugging the neighbors to teach me stuff, and riding my bike with my dog at my heels.

To me, "Rush" was something one did and it often led to waste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: