PANTHERS -- FIRST WIN OF THE ALMOST-SEASON!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:SOUP: yes the Patriots represent all that is evil in the world. Stupid, fat Patriots! Hates them, HATES THEM!.
woohoo! go ER & Soup!!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
happysmilies007

WOOHOO THE PANTHERS WON AGAINST NEW ENGLAND .. I <3 THIS TEAM!!

i must say thanks to adam vinateri for missing that last field goal! woohoo!! i can't thank him for february, but i CAN thank him for this game..i'd rather lose this game & win the Superbowl, but hey, i can't change it & i gotta say, i don't think NE's going to the SB this yr. i certainly hope Carolina makes it again, though by-tor's gonna step in here & put me in my place soon enough! :P

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

Ready for my Steelers to beat you Panthers this week Carolyn?
Kazz
happysmilies007

kazzman wrote:Ready for my Steelers to beat you Panthers this week Carolynn?
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! my Panthers are 3-0 in the preseason AND we have Jake Delhomme! are you sure YOU'RE ready for MY Panthers to beat your Steelers? :P

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

happysmilies007 wrote:PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! my Panthers are 3-0 in the preseason AND we have Jake Delhomme
You haven't followed football long, have you? :twisted: :razz:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
kazzman

Post by kazzman »

happysmilies007 wrote:
kazzman wrote:Ready for my Steelers to beat you Panthers this week Carolynn?
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! my Panthers are 3-0 in the preseason AND we have Jake Delhomme! are you sure YOU'RE ready for MY Panthers to beat your Steelers? :P

3-0? The preseason doesn't mean sh*t. I've seen teams go 5-0 in the preseason and then end up going like 5-11, 3-13 ect, during the regular season.

Delhomme? Probably one of the more overrated QB's in the NFL :P. In that case then, we have Tommy Maddox AND Ben Roethlisberger. Plus our recievers are going to destroy your secondary.

Wow, whoopdie doo, you guys beat a team who relies on their kicker for everything. Not only that, but the Steelers have the home field advantage this week.
Kazz
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Tommy Maddox...LOL!

Thanks, I needed that...

:-D
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Tommy Maddox...LOL!

Thanks, I needed that...

ER, I thought you would have been a big Tommy Maddox guy... LA had an XFL team didn't they? or did they move out too? :razz: Don't let them get you down Carolyn, your support for your team is cool. They are right about the pre season though it means nothing. I think Jake is a stud but most people think he is overrated, but they say that about Manning too... jealousy I guess...

:-D
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

by-tor wrote:You haven't followed football long, have you?
actually, to be honest with you, i haven't. i really started tuning in..i think just before postseason or during last year, and NO, it wasn't just because the Panthers were winning. it was mainly cause of Jake Delhomme & his amazing self, & soon my love grew for the team, & eventually for the sport. what i know about football now is what i picked up last year from watching the last 4-5 games.
kazzman wrote:3-0? The preseason doesn't mean sh*t. I've seen teams go 5-0 in the preseason and then end up going like 5-11, 3-13 ect, during the regular season.
that's what everybody says, & if my Panthers go 15-1 again, you can ridicule me all you want. there are exceptions to every rule. not all the teams you've watched have been complete opposites in the reg season, have they? if they are, then you don't get out much! :P (just picking, don't attack me for that one) imo, preseason is more like a warmup, seeing who's gonna get cut & who'll stay on the team.
kazzman wrote:Delhomme? Probably one of the more overrated QB's in the NFL. In that case then, we have Tommy Maddox AND Ben Roethlisberger. Plus our recievers are going to destroy your secondary.
yes, but you see, the difference between Jake Delhomme & Ben what's-his-face is that any self-respecting football fan knows who Jake is. i've heard of Tommy Maddox, but not a whole lot. Jake Delhomme is NOT a one-yr wonder.
kazzman wrote:Wow, whoopdie doo, you guys beat a team who relies on their kicker for everything. Not only that, but the Steelers have the home field advantage this week.
did you not WATCH the Superbowl in february (which i KNOW you did!!)?? the Patriots are a good team who don't rely on their kicker for everything. they're a worthy team who earned the Superbowl last season.
Soup4Rush wrote:Don't let them get you down Carolyn, your support for your team is cool.
thanks, Soup! at least SOMEBODY doesn't razz me allatime about me love for yon Panthers!
Soup4Rush wrote:I think Jake is a stud but most people think he is overrated, but they say that about Manning too... jealousy I guess...
definitely jealousy. :P Jake is NOT a fake, i think he'll do well this season even if they don't make it to the playoffs. he, Stephen Davis, & Steve Smith are quite a team, i wish all three of them could play the entire 4 quarters. our backups aren't bad, but there's a reason they're backups & not starters! i think our defense'll pick up this year since Mark Fields (who is one heck of a man) rejoining the team. he is truly amazing!

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

we will see how they do with the anti-mugging law being enforced this year... I wonder how many wallets they took from Eagle receivers during the title game last year.... :razz:
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

i could tell ya: 0!

happysmilies007

whoopsies .. in my next-to-last post, ya know, the big one, i meant 1:15, not 15:1! i could edit it but this post needs to be resurrected anyway! :P

happysmilies007

kazz, it's ok, i won't say anything! :P

kazzman

Post by kazzman »

Haha. I was merely joking anyway. As much as I love the Steelers, they'll be lucky if they can finish better than 8-8.
Kazz
happysmilies007

they did pretty well thursday. they would've won if our guy hadn't miraculously pulled the ball outta the pile. i was surprised our secondaries played as well as they did.

give your Steelers a few more years, they'll get their chance to shine!