Tesla

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Tesla

Post by Ogg »

Back in 1986 I discovered an excellent debut album from Tesla, entitled 'Mechanical Resonance'. I honestly believe I played this every day for six months and fully befits the status of one of my top ten albums of all time. An album can capture the time perfectly, I had the pleasure of my first serious girlfriend at the time and life indeed was golden.
My vinyl copy died an age ago and I havent heard it for years but this very evening I managed to download a pristine copy. Sweet memories.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Sounds good Ogg. I myself have fond memories of '86. I was actually born in January of '86! :-D

January 31st to be exact. If you are not feeling old yet then I can continue...?
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i was born in 86 too! july 30th ;) ogg, your old :P
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Can't fault you there son, I love Tesla (at least the first four albums). I remember buying the five man Acoustical Jam on vinyl on the Monday I registered at the DSS after getting made redundant and ended up spending the entire day in my favourite pub (sadly gone).
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

I hear that. Every time I play a gig, I have to run through "Love Song" at least once. "Caught in a Dream" and their cover of "Signs" were spectacular too.
Wheels within whells, a spiral array
A pattern so grand and complex
Time after time, we loose sight of the way
Our causes can't see their effects

-The Necromancer
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

To be honest, I always preferred Paradise to Love Song
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

It's just so melodic... I espically love the acoustical prelude. But, to each his own, I guess.
Wheels within whells, a spiral array
A pattern so grand and complex
Time after time, we loose sight of the way
Our causes can't see their effects

-The Necromancer
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Damn, didnt know this got some replies. We used to cover '2 late 4 love' in an old band of mine. I think I bought the first three albums and was given a copy of the 5man jam thing. My fav' on the album is 'Changes'.
If I had the time I'd start a 'Kings X' thread, great great band I discovered around the same time.
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Teslaaaa! Teslaaaa!

Our hometown boys. They recently played a reunion show here, and released a new album a few months back, if I'm not mistaken. I really liked The Great Radio Controversy. Heaven's Trail is a good song.

As for Kings X, I saw them open for Living Colour back in college. I liked them a lot, but never really followed up on them.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Tesla, Kings X, the awesome Living Colour...would you believe that I'm playing the 1990 Warior Soul debut 'Last Decade...' .
Derek Rondinelli

Post by Derek Rondinelli »

I saw them once live in 1996. Pretty good show actually.