Toronto Show

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Post by schuette »

awip2062 wrote: but cuz he really ISN'T a redneck Louisianan!
nah he really is :razz:
wcp

Post by wcp »

hello i am posting this here cause it has to do with the Toronto show and i am to lazy to start another thread. i can't remember if i posted this somewhere else so if i did, i apologize.

alrighty story time. are you all prepared to be angerd beyond belief? and no not at my spelling, though you probably will be.

o.k i am in my hometown of St. Catharines the weekend of the Rush show in Toronto and i see my older cousin at my grandparents house and he doesn't look to happy. He has been a Rush fan since before i was born lol and he had apparently called into a local radio station and won tickets to see Rush at the Toronto show and he was stoked. anyway he calls the radio station to find out when the tickets are commintg and they tell him "we don't have any more tickets for you, sorry" NO TICKETS! how could they have no tickets for him when he has a stub he got in the mail telling him he is intitled to two tickets to the Show?!?! he obviously gets frustrated and starts yelling at the radio station worker. the worker sensing his anger tries to calm him down him by offering him Kid Rock tickets instead...Kid Rock tickets....no offense to Kid Rock but SCREW THAT!! my cousin continues to yell for about 20 minutes but to no avail they have no tickets and he aint getting any regardless what he says so my cousin had to drive to Toronto without a ticket and try and scalp one before the show, i still don't know if he got one.

now what angers me is that he would have gladly bought a ticket for the show but since he was told he would get free ones from the station he didn't, and since the show was sold out (obviously) he couldn't buy one anymore could he?

does this anger anyone other than me? if i were in that situation i would call every other radio station in town and just bitch on air about how lazy the radio station who refused me my promised tickets was. well that is my Toronto story i hope he got to see it it sounds like the best show so far :)

BYE BYE!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

You can't get.... Something for nothing :twisted:

Bummer!
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

If your cousin has something in writing saying he was entitled to two tickets to the show, and they did not have them, tell him to contact the licensing body of the station (FCC in the United States). That is a breach of contract and a big no-no. You're not allowed to advertise prizes and then not produce them. It won't help him with the show, but he may get some amount of satisfaction.

Also, he could contact RUSH's label. Probably won't do any good, but they should know the station screwed him over.

That's total BS.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
wcp

Post by wcp »

thanks ER i shall pass that info onto my cousin, but ya like you said it still doesn't bring back the show. as far as i know he is writting a letter to the paper and i told him to write Geddy lee but he just laughed at me. they told him they would "keep him in the computer" in case any other good concerts come by lol he told them to screw off and he wouldn't settle for anything less then backstage passes to AC/DC lol.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
schuette

Post by schuette »

that's shitty for your cousin but I agree with ER he has to do something about this...
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

schuette wrote:I agree with ER
I just going to use this as my signature from now on...

Everyone else should follow schuette's cue here.

:twisted:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Who cares about bringing the concert back? Who's to say they had any Rush tickets in the first place!? Report the bastards 8)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
I just going to use this as my signature from now on...
Good one. I like.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Damn, they had the Toronto show already? :shock: I must not have won the VH 1 contest. :roll:
Happy 2015!