Where Would You Relocate if You Had To?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Where would you relocate?

California
11%
Louisiana
5%
Somewhere else (please tell us where)
84%

Total votes: 19

svslerxst

Post by svslerxst »

After growing up in the Chicago area, I've spent the last 15 years here in Massachusetts. If I were to work up the enery and courage to pick up and relocate again, my first choice would be the Utah/Colorado/Wyoming area. Such close proximity to incredible motorcycle riding opportunities is a dream. Not that New England is all that bad, but it pales in comparison.

Now if I could also figure out how to earn a living out there, given that my job in the high-tech/telecom industry largely limits my options to CA or MA... sigh.

Regards from a relative newbie around here,

Dan W.
schuette

Post by schuette »

welcome relative newbie :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Been to California lots of times and Louisiana once. They're both great places to visit, but CA is too crowded and too expensive and LA is too humid and too... southern. If I had to choose between the two I could probably go for the northern-most part of California. It's nice up there.

I don't really want to relocate but I love the Oregon coast. I could go for that. Except the state government up there is so haywire... (here in Utah it's only moderately haywire).
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

Calif. would be a great choice jobwise. More options in the animation world anyways. Not to mention the low humidity! And abundance of theme parks. 8) But Ohio will do for now...... :-D
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I prefer "blumfook" nowhwere.

I've visited a lot of places. I don't know much as some of them were brief. I WILL profess a certain LOVE of Louisiana and it's people. Side stuff. Music, food, non-touristy stuff. The adoration of the mighty Mississippi. I love to dissapear into a cafe there (if you call them that) and watch life around me sipping on Abita beer.

California, (southern) I can do without but a bunch of my family lives there now so I put up with it. Not to be a snob at all, I promise. It probably has nothing to do with the non-rocks, name-dropping, plastic people I met as my brother is in the "entertainment" business there. I liked San Francisco and my boyfriend also has fambly there we like to visit. I also have family in Bremerton, Washington and love it too. Same with Oregon. I have lots of family in Ohio, Chicago and Tennesee (big Irish Catholic family). Ireland is still the best to me but the local gossip there gets me crazy and all the romance dies even though I love to go out into the fields again.

I love New York lots and all it has to offer but also dream of elsewhere and that's why I like the thread. Nova Scotia, if I had the money. No-where too humid or over-populated. I guess one either reacts to where they are or reacts "against" it.

Cool dreaming, though. Heaven isn't far. It's shown itsself here.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh, if you move, I vote you move to Bremerton, Kares!
Onward and Upward!