Where Would You Relocate if You Had To?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Where would you relocate?

California
11%
Louisiana
5%
Somewhere else (please tell us where)
84%

Total votes: 19

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

To be honest, I wouldn't like to relocate at all as I am exactly where i want to be....

Which is where?
Well, I am on the edge of a village called New Aberdour on the Eastern side of the Moray Coast in NE Scotland. The entire suroundings are under a conservation order as an area of beauty.
(Incidentally, this is where they shot the film "Local Hero", in the village of Pennan three miles away. I am one mile away from where they shot some of the beach scenes)

The air is fresh, the scenery is beautiful, the crime is non-existent.
People do not lock their front doors or cars,and the local pub shuts when the last person leaves
Property is very cheap and I live in a house I could only dream about elsewhere. Despite being a very small village (less than 200) there is no curtain twitching or nosiness, just honest, open friendliness.

No, the grass is definitely not greener on the other side....
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I envy you there Fridge.

I currently live in a medium sized town with a high degree of unemployment since the closure of the pits (saying its a former mining town should give you some idea as to the attitude of a lot of the inhabitants).

Its also got problems with drugs and crime, perhaps not to the degree of some larger cities but enough to concern me as a father. In the past three months there have been two murders and more ASBOs issued than I care to dwell on.

At the moment, mansfield is not a great place to live but I can't afford to move.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:I envy you there Fridge.

I currently live in a medium sized town with a high degree of unemployment since the closure of the pits (saying its a former mining town should give you some idea as to the attitude of a lot of the inhabitants).

Its also got problems with drugs and crime, perhaps not to the degree of some larger cities but enough to concern me as a father. In the past three months there have been two murders and more ASBOs issued than I care to dwell on.

At the moment, mansfield is not a great place to live but I can't afford to move.
I sympathise with you there Slaine.
I was brought up in one of the worst areas in Edinburgh (Muirhouse, where trainspotting was filmed) and had to live with crime, drugs and violence from an early age.
It took years for me to escape from there, but I eventually did.
Hang in there, maybe your circumstances will change with time.
I stress that the main reason why it is so idyllic for me at the moment is that due to the fact that I work offshore, it doesn't matter where I live. It would be next to impossible to stay where I am if I had to commute every day to work.
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
schuette

Post by schuette »

You do live in a beautiful part of the country Fridge I prefer the west coast but it is gorgeous where you are. Grangemouth is gorgeous to the industrial freak :roll: ....in other words it's a polluted heap of a town...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

exiled yorkie wrote:id move home back to yorkshire, england
Then we couldn't call you exiled yorkie anymore.... you'd be the prodigal yorkie
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

1 murder is bad Augie :P There's more drugs in NY City, I'm not surprised.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

*Lifesonite wrote:1 murder is bad Augie :P There's more drugs in NY City, I'm not surprised.
Who wants to take a Grand tour of Crown Heights, Brooklyn!
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Augie wrote:
Slaine mac Roth wrote:I envy you there Fridge.

Hi Slaine,

You say that there have been 2 murders there in 3 months? And that is bad??? We have more murders than that every single day here in New York City (the "shithole of the world"). We have thousands of murders every year. People here have become desensitised to it. It's just a number (the "murder count").

Augie
One thing you have to take into consideration is the fact that Mansfield would probably fit into one of the didtricts of NY. Its actually quite a small place, especially compared to places like NY, London, Rio etc.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ganjagal

Post by Ganjagal »

Better People, better food, better beer!.....

Ok, both options are not for me, but of I had to choose it'd be Cali, in the north perhaps.

I've lived in alot of places, from Suburbs to Cities to the far unlit unknown. I do like the far unlit unknown the best. I do wish the people here were less uptight, it puts a real bummer on all the pretty nature that is so close.

Of all the places I've been, there are a few places I'd like to to see again, and more.[/i]
Rushgirl

Post by Rushgirl »

Hmmm...well, I guess I'd pick Cali, but being Canadian, it may be hard to get a green card into the U.S. I went to Cali in July (2nd trip there) and have to say, most places are great, Hollywood was interesting to say the least. I will say on Sunset Strip, most people are quite plastic :roll:
"This man is a drunk male prostitute" - Ricky about Alex, Trailer Park Boys
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

RushGirl, are you one of the .netters who went to the Orbit Room as a group maybe a year ago or so?

Nice avatar, btw.
Onward and Upward!
Rushgirl

Post by Rushgirl »

awip2062 wrote:RushGirl, are you one of the .netters who went to the Orbit Room as a group maybe a year ago or so?

Nice avatar, btw.
Ya, probably - I'm not sure what the occaision might of been though...hmmm
Thanks for the kudos on my Avatar, that is me and da man!!! :twisted:
"This man is a drunk male prostitute" - Ricky about Alex, Trailer Park Boys
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I remember a bunch of chicks gedding together and heading there just for fun. I wanted to go, but being in Washington, it was a wee bit hard to do.

You and da man? Who? *wink*

I need to talk to him.
Onward and Upward!