NFL Thread

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:Someone remind me later how much I love football please.

:x

You will be back for more next year like the true fan you are.. It sucks when your team lets you down but for some reason our memories are short when it comes to our football teams.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I have been a Chiefs fan for the majority of my life, I don't see that changing regardless. :)
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

good man!!!

:thumbleft:

tell you what, being a Colts fan in the 80's and mid 90's was brutal! I remember when we beat the Jets for our only win of the year in like 91 or 92..Felt like we won the Super Bowl that day!
Happy 2015!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Nice, but you have no idea what it is like to be a Bills fan. should I mention the early 90's? Nuff said!!!

NO WHINING FROM ANYONE!!!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Soup4Rush wrote:good man!!!

:thumbleft:

tell you what, being a Colts fan in the 80's and mid 90's was brutal! I remember when we beat the Jets for our only win of the year in like 91 or 92..Felt like we won the Super Bowl that day!

Same for me a few years ago when the Chiefs couldn't win a game but were the first team, (And it took until December to do it) beat Green Bay.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

zepboy wrote:Nice, but you have no idea what it is like to be a Bills fan. should I mention the early 90's? Nuff said!!!

Just being a Bills fan is rough enough. :)

Need an Aint's bag bro???? :razz:
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

zepboy wrote:Nice, but you have no idea what it is like to be a Bills fan. should I mention the early 90's? Nuff said!!!

but at least you made it to the Super Bowl.. but yeah, I guess losing 4 of them in a row would make you throw stuff! :-)
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Your team cost me $80 in Super Bowl bets!!!!!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Did you bet on Ray Finkle?

Ray Finkle
In an effort to give your girlfriend a "pearl necklace" you miss wide right.
Happy 2015!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

"Wide right". . . oh, you had to say it!!!!
Walkinghairball

Is it just me or is having an outdoor Superbowl in the Arctic just the stupidest thing ever???
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

This is the first SB-era championship played outdoors.

It's not the first NFL Championship game played in the cold.

The '62 and '67 (Ice Bowl) championship games were pretty brutal.

All eyes are on the weather forecast for 2/2 now. It's not looking good - and
that's not even taking the cold into consideration.

They have plans to move it (if they have to).

We'll know more about the latter soon.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:This is the first SB-era championship played outdoors.
Siggy - I think this is the first SB era championship played outdoors in a cold climate. The Bears Colts SB was played during a torrential downpour for most of the game if I remember correctly.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I think I read somewhere the coldest Super Bowl ever was played in New Orleans before the Superdome was built. It was 39 degrees..

I like the idea of playing the Superbowl outside in a cold weather city.. Whats the big deal.. 10 million people somehow make it down to Times Square every year on December 31st. They dont cancel that or change the time for bad weather.. Who says the Superbowl has to be played in a tropical paradise every year.. maybe the weather will free up tickets and make them more affordable for real football fans.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

And just mayhaps the halftime shows will be better without all the overly excessive blarg. :)

Oh who am I fooling. :roll:

It's just weird that for how many years has it been an indoor or warm outside environment, and now it might as well be the frozen tundra of Lambeau. :lol:
This space for rent