Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ohio State or LSU?

Ohio State
40%
LSU
60%

Total votes: 5

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

BCS

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Some pretty good matchups this year. I'm thinking the Buckeyes are going to take it in a good defensive game.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I like both teams, but purple is my favorite color, so LSU it is for me.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Where's the poll choice for "The BCS is broken"?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I was rootin' for WV...'till they decided not to show up and lose to....ahem...PITT.

Damn that's embarrassing. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Hawaii should be in the title game.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Hawaii should be in the title game.
NO BULLSHIT THERE BRO. They got SHAFTED.

Who knows WHAT they could have done if they got in?

THEY are the best team in the nation (if you ask me).

Just MHO folks.....have a nice day.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:

I second that.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:

I second that.
Don't have their stats handy, but didn't they put up, like, 30+ points
per game? What kind of "door-prize" bowl did they actually GET?

Anything?

That's just wrong on every level imaginable. The BCS is a joke.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I guess we will see how they do in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. They win big and the BCS is a joke for sure :-)
Happy 2015!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Soup4Rush wrote:I guess we will see how they do in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. They win big and the BCS is a joke for sure :-)
Duh! Well, Boisie State's victory over Oklahoma last year, I think, proved that the good ol'boy football network doesn't hold much water anyway. Given the number of "upsets" this year, I think we're starting to see a bit more eveness throughout Division I, which is great. Makes for a more interesting season. I think the Rose Bowl should be interesting this year as well. I'm calling SC by 10.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

In this day of money grubbing, wouldn't you
think they would do a 16 team playoff?

That would bring in as much money as
the NCAA basketball tourney.

Boise St did prove the joke of the BCS last year.
I agree.

Besides, OSU just lost and got back in the title game
by NOT PLAYING.
How sad is that?
Usually you need to win to get into the title game
in any sport.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

you know they could start the playoff this weekend. It would be over by the time the NFL started their playoffs. Heck, the title game is not until January 7th. I wonder what the BCS uses for brains sometimes. :-D
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Nothing against Hawaii and all, but they do not "deserve" to be in the title game. They only played one ranked team, a couple of AA schools, and most of the I-A schools they played could easily be I-AA (like most of their conference). Georgia is the hottest team in the country's best conference, and if a playoff system was in place, they would likely advance to the championship. If Hawaii even sniffs victory in that game, people need to go to church and pray, because the end of days is coming.

My prediction: Georgia 45 - Hawaii 3

I quoted the word "deserve" because the only true way to deserve to be in a title game is to win your way there in a playoff system.

As for LSU and Ohio State....anyone remember the last time Ohio State played an SEC team for the national title?
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

The system is broken. The computer that makes the standings is a Microsoft product- thats the only way to explain these whacked out numbers! :lol:
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

YYZ30 wrote:The system is broken. The computer that makes the standings is a Microsoft product- thats the only way to explain these whacked out numbers! :lol:
The sad part of that is, is that the computer ranking system idea is far better than human polls. There's no bias in software, standards are applied equally, and it would be fair and balanced. Unlike the human pollsters, the computers have no dog in this fight....no heart to vote with. However, human voters were upset that they were getting so little say in the matter (after the '03 LSU/USC/Oklahoma mess) that the BCS "fixed" the system by making the human polls count for a majority of the points in the rankings. This is why we have LSU/Ohio State this year; if it was left up to the computers alone, it would be (1)VaTech vs (2)LSU in the title game. Even my boss, who is an Ohio State alumni (and with me being an LSU alumni, the office is quite interesting these days), says that Ohio State doesn't deserve to be there...they didn't play anybody. Now I love LSU, but I can easily see an argument for someone like Georgia (who was ranked 4th going into the final week) going over them.

It's all moot anyway. This thing will surface every year until division I-A moves to a playoff system.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!