2013 NFL Playoffs!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:The biggest reason the Chiefs lost the 2 games were this.................The refs love Manning and hate to see "Manning Face." There, I said it.
Peyton Manning is to the NFL as LeBron is to the NBA.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:The biggest reason the Chiefs lost the 2 games were this.................The refs love Manning and hate to see "Manning Face." There, I said it.
The best? :-)
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

say what you want about Peyton, but you guys dont like him for the same reason I dont like Brady..

He is good and he has beat my team in the past..
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:say what you want about Peyton, but you guys dont like him for the same reason I dont like Brady..

He is good and he has beat my team in the past..
Bullshiat. Watch any NBA game when the Heat are playing - if anyone gets within 20 feet of LeBron it's a foul. He's allowed to travel as well - I have seen him take as many as 4 steps driving to the hoop. Peyton is in the same boat.

Pro sports is all about making money - if every game was called as it should be then the stars wouldn't be playing as well. The officials (and indirectly the appropriate league) are doing the best to protect their cash cows.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

you could make that case for any QB these days.. The Ravens were crying about that very same thing with Brady a few years back.

if that was true, Manning would have 6 or 7 rings by now and Brady would have the other 7 or 8.
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

And Leon.. The Chiefs were a great story this year, to turn around from a 2-14 mark the previous season to 9 wins in a row is remarkable. I think the Chiefs are going to be a team that will contend for a title in the next few years.. But I dont think losing to the Broncos twice this year was about officiating more than it was about the Broncos being a better team.

and you can say what you want about Manning. You may have a few calls go your way but throwing for over 5000 yards and 55 touchdowns was more than just favorable officiating.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Well I never said Manning wasn't good, but he's not UNFUCKINGTOUCHABLE good. Yeah his numbers are bomb no denying that, but to say the ref's weren't stroking his sack is just flat out blind.

That being said, thank you for the Chief love too. Yeah, I was totally happy with their season for a change. I wait like a psycho puppy for the pre season.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I agree but I think the rules are slanted to the offensive side of the ball across the board.. It seems like being a DB in the modern football era is almost impossible.. unless you play for the Seahawks!! :-D

Funny, I was just talking to my girlfriend about this last night.. She is a huge Dan Marino fan. Can you imagine his numbers if he would have played in today's NFL? He would probably be untouchable in the record books had he been given the benefit of today's rules.

But I suppose with all the concussion lawsuits, The NFL has to do something to protect it's players.. sometimes I wonder if the NFL will still be around 25 years from now.

and the Chief's love is genuine bro. That is a solid football team.. Just think they are a few years away, much like the Colts, of being in the elite category. Would not surprise me at all if the Chiefs win a championship in the next few years, maybe even next year.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Well I never said Manning wasn't good, but he's not UNFUCKINGTOUCHABLE good. Yeah his numbers are bomb no denying that, but to say the ref's weren't stroking his sack is just flat out blind.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
The best? :-)
Sorry Soupy what was that? I couldn't hear you over Peyton's phone conversation

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

well played sir! :thumbright:

congratulations to the Seattle Seathugs.. Way to hold your way to an NFL Championship..

and Pete.. man your timing sure was perfect.. you sure knew how to get off of a sinking ship just in time to slide into a NFL coaching position.. At least you don't have to worry about recruiting violations in the NFL... just steroid use...
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:well played sir! :thumbright:

congratulations to the Seattle Seathugs.. Way to hold your way to an NFL Championship..

and Pete.. man your timing sure was perfect.. you sure knew how to get off of a sinking ship just in time to slide into a NFL coaching position.. At least you don't have to worry about recruiting violations in the NFL... just steroid use...
Wow...sour grapes much?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Not at all.. I had no vested interest in the game

I am not a Denver fan and Manning is no longer a Colt. I wish him well but he truth be told, I would have rooted for the Patriots had they gotten in too.. I have been watching that thug Seattle defense all season long. I dont see how they get away with all the holding and grabbing. I thought you could not touch a receiver after 5 yards.. and when they do get busted, they just laugh about it.. like number 41 last night.. He was laughing and he had a who me? look on his face after they flagged him in the 4th..

when they played the Colts I could not believe all the holding and face guarding that went un-flagged.. we did win that game and Luck bitch slapped Sherman that day.. Sherman must have forgotten his addreal that morning.. oh wait, he was innocent of that because they put his urine cup inside of another empty urine cup so he got away with it my bad.. :roll:

I am happy for Seahawk fans and Russel Wilson strikes me as a class guy with a huge amount of talent.. but that defense is nothing but a bunch of steroid using thugs..
Happy 2015!