Alternative Fans?

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Alternative Fans?

Post by PV »

Anyone out there? Who do you love?

I'm currently featuring Snow Patrol and The Killers and listening to Sirius 21 Alt Nation constantly. I really like the Plain White T's (notice the capitalization? :wink: ), AFI, and Death Cab For a Cutie.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

My son got Snow Patrol, and it has a few good songs on it.
Ogg

Re: Alternative Fans?

Post by Ogg »

PV wrote:Anyone out there? Who do you love?

I'm currently featuring Snow Patrol and The Killers and listening to Sirius 21 Alt Nation constantly. I really like the Plain White T's (notice the capitalization? :wink: ), AFI, and Death Cab For a Cutie.
Mrs Ogg has been playing 'Snow Patrol' here for years. The latest 'Eyes Open' is, I think, their fifth album the now? I prefer the previous release, the 'Shortest Straw' album. 'The Killers' are one of the few bands that myself and MrsO really like, we argue the merits of the second album as I rate 'Hot Fuss' far superior.
We are inundated with indie/alterbative bands over here on the radio the now 'Razorlight' 'Kasabian' 'Kaiser Chiefs' 'Fratellis' amongst numerous others. Personally, my fav of the lot are the band 'Editors', especially the debut 'The Back Room' kinda 'Joy Division' in feel. Check em out :-) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCpoDRCz4F4 :-)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

We have Eyes Open and Final Straw. (I think that's the one you meant, Ogg.) Both cds have great songs so I usually just pick and choose from between them and I'm all set! I took Mini to see them in concert and they were really good.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
YYZ30

Re: Alternative Fans?

Post by YYZ30 »

PV wrote:Anyone out there? Who do you love?

The Killers should have stuck with the Hot Fuss sound and not given up the keyboards.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I love "Hot Fuss." GREAT cd! I'm with you, Ogg, in your debate with the Mrs.
Mini

Post by Mini »

let's get one thing straight:

The Killers = OWN.
Snow Patrol= OWN as well.

and that is all I have to say about that :)
A friend will bail you out of jail.
A BEST friend will be sitting next to you saying "Man, that was AWESOME!"