Happy Birthday Cygnus X-1! (Joey)

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:Just do what I did - have all your teeth yanked out and get dentures! Easiest 35 pounds I ever lost :lol:
Dude...that's too ironic because I'm getting impressions made for a top
plate next week.

Unless you're kidding.....and if that's the case, all I can say is D'OH! :oops:

:lol:
No sir - August 13th I went under the knife.

I have a full smile for the first time since 1996.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

And I thought my x-lax diet to lose 7 lbs to get into the Army was rough...........................Dang Zed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........I wonder how much it is to get my jaw wired shut????? :shock: :twisted:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote: No sir - August 13th I went under the knife.

I have a full smile for the first time since 1996.

Coolness Zed. Good for you Bro. I hope to be able to do that soon.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:And I thought my x-lax diet to lose 7 lbs to get into the Army was rough...........................Dang Zed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........I wonder how much it is to get my jaw wired shut????? :shock: :twisted:
It's a bonus! I don't mind the weight loss and I'm halfway to fully healed. Come December the dentist will look me over - if I am healed they will make my casts for my final plates.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Happy to hear you are doing good Zed... but seriously bro, I could have saved you some money!!!! :-D :-D :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Happy to hear you are doing good Zed... but seriously bro, I could have saved you some money!!!! :-D :-D :-D :razz:
You'll have to queue up behind the rest of the "dentists" that said they could do it for me for short money :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Zed....did you negotiate for cash or are you on a plan?

I'm hearing that some docs will give a price break for cold hard cash.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

CygnusX1 wrote:I'm hearing that some docs will give a price break for cold hard cash.
Ok, kind of unrelated........I need my left big toenail removed now, and no insurance still from unenjoyment.
I called the place I went to and got the prices................ $100.00 office visit.........$405.00 for the removal.
I can put 1/2 down for the ONLY payment plan they will give me, no exceptions.
If I can come up with all of the money they will give me a 20% price break and the total will be $404.00 which I believe is only on the removal price, I still have to pay for the office visit.

Kind of looking like plier time to me. :twisted:
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:Zed....did you negotiate for cash or are you on a plan?

I'm hearing that some docs will give a price break for cold hard cash.
Plan. My original oral surgeon wanted cash and offered no financing - I don't have $4K frittering away in a bank account that I could just pull out for that...add the fact that they lost my original surgery order and that pretty much sent me packing to the place I go to now.

I am on a plan, but after my insurance and the discount they have for being contracted I got roughly 45% off the original grand total. The rest is being paid in very managable installments.

I love the place I go now.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:I'm hearing that some docs will give a price break for cold hard cash.
Ok, kind of unrelated........I need my left big toenail removed now, and no insurance still from unenjoyment.
I called the place I went to and got the prices................ $100.00 office visit.........$405.00 for the removal.
If I can come up with all of the money they will give me a 20% price break and the total will be $404.00 which I believe is only on the removal price, I still have to pay for the office visit.

can you wait for it to fall off on its own?
Happy 2015!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Any of us here would remove it for free, you can always count on us.
We're all mad here!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Been there. They are just going to use pliers anyway . . . the only difference will be a local anesthetic. Jack will do the same thing, but much cheaper.
Walkinghairball

Soup4Rush wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:

can you wait for it to fall off on its own?

Dunno. Some days it hurts, others not so much.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Xanadu wrote:Any of us here would remove it for free, you can always count on us.

Thanks kiddo.......I knew I could count on you. :D
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

zepboy wrote:Been there. They are just going to use pliers anyway . . . the only difference will be a local anesthetic. Jack will do the same thing, but much cheaper.

I have kind of thought about that option. Really the only thing holding it on is the nail bed.
This space for rent