Star Trek

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Star Trek

Post by awip2062 »

Took the kids to the early showing of this today and LOVED it! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Quite well done and it had a nice twist to it. Great for the big screen. We sat in the second row and got the full effect. The venue was packed but we didn't have to stand in long lines.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Oh I am so going, when is still a mystery.
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Downloaded it, have yet to watch it :-)
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I can't bring myself to watch screeners. I've tried, but as soon as somebody coughs or the camera shakes I wanna punch the monitor.
I think a movie like this justifies a visit to the theater. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh I am just dying ovah here!!!!!!!!!
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Big Blue Owl wrote:I can't bring myself to watch screeners. I've tried, but as soon as somebody coughs or the camera shakes I wanna punch the monitor.
I think a movie like this justifies a visit to the theater. :-)
I hear what you're saying mate but this one private tracker torrent site I use (and donate to) only hosts the best quality and even has an in-house chap who re-encodes the releases. Believe me I have a verrah good copy (even for a ts) :-)

Star Trek TS XVID - STG

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Cool, Ogg!
And man.....green boobies. :shock: :cool:
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I found a pretty good quality "filtered" screener. Looks good, but you can't do much to re-create stereo sound.

Here it is.
http://www.supernovatube.com/play.php?v ... 03384a4b6c

or

http://www.wisevid.com/gateway.php?view ... 4353bdbe65
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

I saw an "employees only" screening at the furniture store I used to work for at thier IMAX theatre on May 5th and that movie is THE BALLS! (a former co-worker took me with him to see it)

It was so awesome on IMAX that when it was over I was like "man, It hasn't even officially been released in theatres yet and I already want to own it!!

I plan on seeing it again.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I want to own it, and I am totally wondering what they are going to do next. They left it so wide open! :-D
Walkinghairball

Och......................stop already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dyin ovah hearerere!!!
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Even Dusti, who hates it when they change actors for characters, LOVED it!
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

Ogg, WHERE did you download it? I would love to get that!! I wanted to download that x-men flick that got leaked and could never find a site to download it from. I NEVER find that stuff!

oh, and as for STAR TREK, I NEVER go to movie theatres, but I was dying to see this movie and it was more than worth it. Especially since it was free! Ha ha! I would have gladly paid though. If anyone can see it in IMAX you should do it. The last time I went to the theatre was also IMAX to see the Dark Knight and let me tell you, I rented the DVD first and didn't understand why one of my friends was SOOOO into it, (same guy I saw Star Trek with) and then it was re-released on IMAX and he coerced me into going and that is the only movie i've seen that TOTALLY changed when I saw it in the theatre. It was way better and after having seen the DVD my friend JD even agreed with me and we both suspect it was because we saw it in IMAX. Like I said, I never go to movie theatres, but Trek was well worth it and I plan on seeing it again in a traditional theatre. Unless I can get that download!

The actors, awesome, the effects, awesome, the way it was shot and the direction.....awesome! I said to my friend, it's like the classic Star Trek, but with an edge. And it displays things in some charecters you knew they always had (like for instance, Sulu's "quiet balls") but never really saw full force. What I was most looking forward to was Spok and man, the dude playing him was DEAD ON and INCREDIBLE.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

EJLUVSRUSH wrote:Ogg, WHERE did you download it? I would love to get that!! .
Ehem...go up, say, 5 posts, click on either link and download. No torrent required. :-)
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

This is one movie I am making the exception to my "no movies" rules. Just have to find the right time to go...