Now here's a cheering thought

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Now here's a cheering thought

Post by Ogg »

I checked but couldn't find any reference and it's certainly news to me...and I know I should post this elsewhere but I just don't care :-)

I checked out Neil Peart's official site http://neilpeart.net/ and read through another of his epic pieces here http://neilpeart.net/news/index.html and discovered the following...wow!
Certainly raised a smile of such warmth :-)

"At the same time, under that same marine layer, my wife Carrie was seven months pregnant. [Pause for sharp intake of breath and shiver of apprehension.] Our baby was growing and kicking, protected and insulated in its own oceanic fluid, its own marine layer. The anxious (not to say terrified) father kind of wished the baby could stay there, safe from harm, and not have to embark upon a life of menace and potential tragedy. He had lost before, and probably couldn?t stand to lose again. People kept saying it was going to be all right, and he tried to keep telling himself that. Even in the June Gloom.

Everything was all right, under the marine layer. The dolphins and sea lions in the ocean; the hummingbirds, towhees, sparrows, phoebes and their babies in my backyard; and the little baby growing inside Carrie. It was all going to be all right..."
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Wow, a new chapter in the saga of the life that is Neil Peart, begins. :-D

I hope he never has to endure the past in his future again. Closure?
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

will it affect the next rush tour though, I would wager no as he had a family before, but so much has changed.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

He sure has a way of saying, "My wife is pregnant" :-)
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

that is good news :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

When did he write that? The baby may be here now! :shock: