Bummer

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Bummer

Post by Sir Myghin »

MY bass, she's damaged. Should be under warantee but I am going to call carvin up which may lead to a month without my precious....
YYZ30

Re: Bummer

Post by YYZ30 »

Sir Myghin wrote:Image

MY bass, she's damaged. Should be under warantee but I am going to call carvin up which may lead to a month without my precious....
Myg- forgive my bad eyes but I don't see anything.
Did the headstock crack?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

The light spots on the string sides of the tuning pegs are lighter, the finish is lifting. I have a bunch of better pics here.

http://img341.imageshack.us/g/dmg.jpg/
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Sir Myghin wrote:The light spots on the string sides of the tuning pegs are lighter, the finish is lifting. I have a bunch of better pics here.

http://img341.imageshack.us/g/dmg.jpg/
Ah! Now I see it- that sucks. Sorry dude.

Have you contacted Carvin yet?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

going the call them on the 4th, no point shipping something before new years, just takes longer. Ideally I ship it on a monday it should get the least time away from me.
schuette

Re: Bummer

Post by schuette »

Sir Myghin wrote: without my precious....
awww dont worry golum...you'll get your precious back soon :-)
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

went to send it in, the whores at UPS want 220$!! . They need to use 2 boxes not one as it is an odd shape, and want 50$ for them.. They have to package it for it to be insured, insurance is 30$. Get this, to get it to california, they want 140$ more.. This needs to wait for now, and is freaking ridiculous.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Welcome to oversized..........DIN weight...................and insured parcel.

I deal with that crap all the time. We pay $30.00 for any outbound box larger than a shoe box....................even if it's a pound. Gotta love UPS. :roll:
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

It would probably be cheaper to buy an airline ticket and take it there yourself. plus its warm there. Maybe you need a vacation?
Happy 2015!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:Welcome to oversized..........DIN weight...................and insured parcel.

I deal with that crap all the time. We pay $30.00 for any outbound box larger than a shoe box....................even if it's a pound. Gotta love UPS. :roll:
thinking of taking my chances with the postal system, they have never done me wrong

Quotes are 80-100 from postal, however I cannot get fully unsured, max is 1000$.. choices choices.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Welcome to oversized..........DIN weight...................and insured parcel.

United
Package
Smashers