It finally happened

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

It finally happened

Post by rushlight »

I know I pretty much left the forum but some of my rush pals don't have facebook so I came back with news.

Devil's Advocate, another classic member who I met in a rush forum, has finally popped the question. After seven years together he sat down next to me, said hello, took out a ring from a box, and said will you marry me. I was overwhelmed with happiness and said "You don't know how long I have waited for that question" and said yes. :-D
I love my Welshman.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Ah, love is in the air here.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kudos RL! All the best to you and DA!

This is premature for sure, but when's the big day? Any idea yet?
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Great news. Nothing but happy for you both.
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Can we come to the wedding???? :-D
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Thank you brothers! :-D I've been on Cloud 9 ever since. I have told all of my family. There isn't anything planned yet. We will be married in Wales. I'm just trying to find out which family members will be able to go to Wales. So far, my older brother, sister, and niece said they will be getting their passports. My mom is all set. My dad will not be able to go because of his age and his diabetes. My brother will be giving me away. We might do a little something here in San Antonio so my dad can see us but so far, I'm just a happy fiance spreading the word. I do want to thank Rush. Because of them, I met him. Our first dance won't be a Rush song though. It'll be something by Thin Lizzy. I will squeeze Rush in somehow. :razz:
I love my Welshman.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

where are you guys going to live after you get married?
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

rushlight wrote:Our first dance won't be a Rush song though. It'll be something by Thin Lizzy. :razz:
I'd like to suggest "Dancing in the Moonlight" 8)
Don't start none...won't be none.
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

It's a song he picked when we started to date. It's called A Song for While I'm Away.

And I'll be living in Wales.
I love my Welshman.
schuette

Post by schuette »

congrats lights....all the best for the future :)
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Thank you Schuey. I'll keep you up to details. Been contacting the registrar and looking for where to have the ceremony.
I love my Welshman.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey, RL, I just realized I haven't wished you well here, just on the hated Facebook site!

Congrats, congrats, congrats! I hope your wedding day is a dream, everything goes great, and your marriage is wonderful!

:smt057 :smt058
Onward and Upward!
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Love you T. You looked beautiful in blue. I hope you and Bill have a long happy future together.

I have completed looking at the list the registrar sent to me on places that do weddings. I have picked a few I liked and crossed out some that have a too big of an asking price. I dream of marrying him in a castle so I want to look at some castles and see what they ask for and what they do. If it's too much, I will choose something else lovely like a hotel or some of the mansions and cottages they have been offering.

I would have loved to have met you T and hairy and Siggy of course. ;-)
I love my Welshman.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Aw c'mon, RL, marry him on a ballfield! ;-)
Onward and Upward!
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Looks like we may argue about where to get married. I have my heart set to marry in the U.K. while he wants me to check places in the U.S. I told him I don't want to get married in the u.s and I want to get married somewhere different. I saw him face to face in the U.k. and wales looks so incredible. He's trying to find reasons why to look in the us without us fighting. *sigh* Something tells me he wants to get married in the us and he has his heart set on it. I let him convince me to have our vacation in arizona even though I warned him how hot it can be. I believe he does owe me my dream wedding. Has this ever happened to any of you married folks? You have any advice or how Dan and I can both be happy? :? :???:
I love my Welshman.