bass vocals keyboards at the same??!

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

bigdude

bass vocals keyboards at the same??!

Post by bigdude »

i've just heard that Geddy plays bass, keyboards and sings at the same time!!!! w00ow:P does anyone got a pic???
try to hold some faith in the goodness of humanity..
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i've never heard of him doing all 3 at the same time, but he does sing and play both frequently at concerts. i still think it's absolutely INCREDIBLE that this man can switch back & forth & back & forth..& omg, what a multitasker! :P

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Although it would be physically impossible to play bass and keyboards at the same time as you would need more than 2 hands for that unless Ged played an open string like E,A,D or G and played keys with his left hand,
I think he generally plays bass with his hands and uses keyboard Taurus pedals which he can generate noises or trigger certain sequenced parts with his feet.

I think "Force Ten" would be his most "multi-tasked" song as he has to sing "Tough times demand tough talk......" while playing TWO things on bass and triggering parts with his feet ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

If any of you have got "A Show Of Hands" on VHS or DVD then watch Ged closely playing Force Ten. You'll then know what I mean.
Bassist of Joe's Band

bigdude

Post by bigdude »

i also saw a dudes signature from in here saying sth about this.... oh here it is.. is from this "*Lifesonithe" guy :P Here it is:

I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
happysmilies007

ah yes, that would be from Immortal for a Ltd Time..a truly great poster here at by-tor :-D

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

happysmilies007 wrote:ah yes, that would be from Immortal for a Ltd Time..a truly great poster here at by-tor :-D

carolynn
Ah, yes.... the Mighty Immortal... a great poster indeed, C
Last edited by 3 travelers on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
bigdude

Post by bigdude »

where can i find it??!!
happysmilies007

thanks, 3 :-D

actually bigdude, i meant a member..who posts, therefore, a poster! :-D sorry for the confusion! :oops:

carolynn
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

bigdude wrote:i also saw a dudes signature from in here saying sth about this.... oh here it is.. is from this "*Lifesonithe" guy :P Here it is:

I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Hey bub, a late welcome to our happy place. Your question was about Gedster and his crosstraining regiment. Well I like to be the 1st to give you the correct answer to your Question about the signature of a certain poster.

((To everyone who answered this, remember, I am a funny joker, not a malicious ball buster.))

Your answer is *Lifesonite. He has been AWOL for over 2 months now.

...................Your friendly neighborhood Walkinghairball......................

And after re-reading your post, I saw you already got the correct answer yourself to the question in general, so, for all of you I insulted trying to be funny and , like always failing, I'm sorry........... I'll shut up and go away to drink my Jagermeister with ME................... OUTTAHERE!!!!!!!!!!
This space for rent
bigdude

Post by bigdude »

hehe ok thnx:P
white-haired uncle

Post by white-haired uncle »

H3WMW wrote:Although it would be physically impossible to play bass and keyboards at the same time as you would need more than 2 hands for that unless Ged played an open string like E,A,D or G and played keys with his left hand,
I think he generally plays bass with his hands and uses keyboard Taurus pedals which he can generate noises or trigger certain sequenced parts with his feet.

I think "Force Ten" would be his most "multi-tasked" song as he has to sing "Tough times demand tough talk......" while playing TWO things on bass and triggering parts with his feet ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

If any of you have got "A Show Of Hands" on VHS or DVD then watch Ged closely playing Force Ten. You'll then know what I mean.
NO MORE taurus pedals, he uses korg and yamaha midi pedals now.
Met rush nov 5th 1984 gup tour
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Oh my!!

I haven't been here in ages, and when I come back, I see that some folks have been talking about me! :oops: Thanks for the nice words!! :-D :-D

I don't remember which thread I said that quote in, but I was talking about the first time I watched the Exit..Stage Left video, many many MANY years ago :shock: . There are several songs where Ged sings, plays bass, and plays his Taurus pedals with his feet...Xanadu, Freewill, Tom Sawyer, just to name a few. I truly was amazed by him...mesmerized even. Since that day, I still will watch him perform filled with awe.
By the way, I'm pretty sure he has played open strings on his bass while playing the keyboard with his fret hand...or, at least, hit some triggers.

Plus, I must say, he is mighty easy on the eyes...IMHO :cool: hehehehe....
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance