London Explosions

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

London Explosions

Post by rushlight »

Series of explosions in the train areas and bus areas. All of you UK Bytoreans, I hope you are safe.
I love my Welshman.
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I love my Welshman.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

We are so tired of the terrorist bullshit here. I know Ogg is not in the area, but I have recently started chatting with people who are in London. I am still waiting to hear from them.
This space for rent
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

It's unreal how barbaric humans can be sometimes. :smt085

My thoughts are with all the good people of London, and all of the UK. Be well...
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Just found out dude was nowhere near London..................*Relief*

Still, my heart to those who are.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

that is good news.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am glad to hear that there were not more casualties, although I wish there were none.
Onward and Upward!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

My heart goes out to all our neighbors across the pond...

As far as I know.... At least one of the explosions was right around the corner from my London Office.

No word from higher ups of any casualties.. but I'm hearing that 4 employees from the company are unaccounted for as of now...
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Walkinghairball

Crap Steve.................................. Bastards! :x
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

terrorists suck! we should broil that mountain range in Afganistan where all of them bastards are hiding like cockroaches.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

This whole thing sickens me to no end!!! :x

Ugh! My guy has two brothers in London and a sister in Cambridge. She's definitely OK but need to find out about the others.

I hope all connected here are OK.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Kares4Rush wrote:This whole thing sickens me to no end!!! :x

Ugh! My guy has two brothers in London and a sister in Cambridge. She's definitely OK but need to find out about the others.

Send my best Kares...

I'm praying for everyone....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Like everyone, I was shocked when I heard the news on the radio this morning. Even though I live over 100 miles north of London, have no family or friends there, it still rocked me to the core, especially since, with the lessening of the tensions in Northern Ireland, I thought the days of hearing and seeing those images on the TV were over.

Now that the news has sunk in and I've had time to think things through, I'd like to share some of my thoughts on the matter (please bear with me).

Firstly, like everyone else, my thoughts go out to the injured and the families of the casualties. This must be a very difficult time for them but I'm confident that the same resolve and spirit of defiance that carried this nation through the Blitz and repeated IRA bombings will carry them through this latest trial. Tima and again, the British have shown that, no matter what tactics and atrocities are thrown at us, we will not submit to fear and terror.

The so-called announcement of responsibility that was posted on the internet says that
The Secret Organization of Al Qaeda in Europe wrote: now Britain is burning with fear and terror, from north to south, east to west,
I say b******s. Hitler never reduced us to that with the might of the Luftwaffe, neither did the worst tactics of the IRA so I don't think this lot are going to do the same with their cowardly attacks.

Now that the initial shock is over, I'm sure the main reaction of people in Britain is one of anger, which leads me to my second main thought about the events of today.

As I said, I'm sure there is a great deal of anger in London and the rest of our island tonight. I just hope that some of our more volatile individual don't lose sight of the fact that the terrosrists DO NOT SPEAK FOR ALL MUSLIMS and let their indignation become blind fury leading to senseless reprisal attacks against innocents who, in all likelihood, are as shocked and saddened as the rest of us.

By all means, every effort should be made to bring those responsible to justice but don't take it out on someone because they happen to be of the same creed.

Just a thought, shouldn't this really be in the politics forum?
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I was scared to death when I first saw it on the news but they didn't mention where in the uk did the bombs hit. My thoughts went to DA and all of you guys in the uk until they finally said London. I put the topic here immediately because I want to know all of you are ok.
DA's parents were on holiday and I thought they were near the area but DA said they came home safely. But 2 friends of ours were in London and he sent his pal a text message. Luckily the friend and his wife were safe. They were going to go shopping when it happened and they turned back. I hope the rest of our friends are well.
I love my Welshman.
Walkinghairball

Kares4Rush wrote:This whole thing sickens me to no end!!! :x

Kares, this brings it home for both you and 3T............. 9/11 and alla that.

I hate the cowardly crap. I wish it would all stop, and I wish all my brothers and sisters in all the armed forces God speed to get r done!!! :evil:
This space for rent