Today's Headlines

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Hey all, remember all the hullaballoo about the ACORN stings and all????

Here is the newest stuff I have found about it.
Christopher WeberEditor
Investigation Finds No Pattern of Illegal Activity at ACORN
Posted: 12/7/09Filed Under:Scandal, Investigations, Video 399 Comments + Join the discussion ?TEXT SIZE:AAAPRINT SHARE An outside legal expert hired by ACORN has found no laws were broken by staffers caught on undercover videos shot by conservative critics of the group.

The community organizing group came under fire for the footage that showed employees discussing prostitution, tax evasion and smuggling with a couple posing as a pimp and a prostitute.

The lawyer, former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger, wrote, "We did not find a pattern of intentional, illegal conduct by ACORN staff; in fact, there is no evidence that action, illegal or otherwise, was taken by any ACORN employee on behalf of the videographers."

Harshbarger did say some of the advice given by the staffers was "clearly inappropriate and unprofessional." He advises the group to return its focus to community organizing and to hire an independent ethics officer.

ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis called the report "part vindication, part constructive criticism and ... a roadmap for the future," the Associated Press reported.

The full Harshbarger report can be found here.
That sure convinces ME they're innocent.
How about you? We're sorry... :roll: :P

What a bunch of donkeys. :twisted:
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I find that ironic. In many instances, it is considered criminal to exhibit moral turpitude. Many people over the years have lost jobs, careers, and even found jail time and fines for such behavior.

If the intentional attempt to subvert laws is not considered punishable, what is? What ever became of respecting the rule of law?

-sayin'
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

No kidding, if I claim that I want to hurt someone real bad..........even though I might not want to mention it to the authorities, is it not still a threat???
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

WASHINGTON (AP) - The number of newly laid off workers filing claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly rose last week as the recovery of the nation's battered labor market proceeds in fits and starts.

The Labor Department said Thursday that the number of new jobless claims rose to 480,000 last week, up 7,000 from the previous week. That was a worse performance than the decline to 465,000 that economists had expected.
Same as it ever was... same a it ever was...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Stephen King Pays to Bring National Guard
Troops Home for Holidays

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580128,00.html

What a class act of generosity! :headbang: ***Salutes*** :salute:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:Stephen King Pays to Bring National Guard
Troops Home for Holidays

Trying to redeem himself after all his bad-mouthing I guess.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

ElfDude wrote:
Troops Home for Holidays

All I've seen him bad mouth is no talent writers :P
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
Troops Home for Holidays

All I've seen him bad mouth is no talent writers :P
?I don?t want to sound like an ad, a public service ad on TV, but the fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don?t, then you?ve got, the Army, Iraq, I don?t know, something like that.?

Looks to me like he's trying to redeem himself from that comment.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Yeah, in a nutshell he called military people stupid. Fuk Stephen King.

Other than the cool he is trying to do.

Remember the oh shit atta boy scale......................he has a lot of atta boys to make up for it.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

heh and these days if you can read you cannot walk into a job. Where I work we have RNs and LPNs coming in looking for work and we have previously employed caregivers coming back looking for work and it just isn't happening.

Good thing Bear has that military option, eh? LOL
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:heh and these days if you can read you cannot walk into a job. Where I work we have RNs and LPNs coming in looking for work and we have previously employed caregivers coming back looking for work and it just isn't happening.

Just look at the future. When Bear get's out he can put on his resume the same things I did.

Qualifications: Digging holes, blowing shit up, killing bastards, field stripping 5 weapons and reassembling them in under 7 minutes.

:-D
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Yeah, in a nutshell he called military people stupid. Fuk Stephen King.

Other than the cool he is trying to do.

Remember the oh shit atta boy scale......................he has a lot of atta boys to make up for it.
Wurd. It's a start.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote: Qualifications: Digging holes, blowing shit up, killing bastards, field stripping 5 weapons and reassembling them in under 7 minutes.

And not necessarily in that order, either. :razz:

Get some!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:
awip2062 wrote:heh and these days if you can read you cannot walk into a job. Where I work we have RNs and LPNs coming in looking for work and we have previously employed caregivers coming back looking for work and it just isn't happening.

Just look at the future. When Bear get's out he can put on his resume the same things I did.

Qualifications: Digging holes, blowing shit up, killing bastards, field stripping 5 weapons and reassembling them in under 7 minutes.

and making bad football picks... :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

No that came later wiseass!!!! LMAO!
This space for rent