Is Global Warming a Sin?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

ElfDude wrote:Okay... I get where you're coming from.

*man hugs*
*Hugs my bud*

You are the one with the 'stache. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Your use of the word "mock" is saddening and a bit of a surprise to me. I never post to mock any of my friends. No, I did not mean you when I mentioned the 5000 year-old earth, but others on this board have argued that scientists are full of crap and that the earth is only thousands of years old.
I don't believe I ever used such terminology directed toward the scientists themselves, however, I have stated that I am suspect of dating methods and believe it quite possible the earth is young, about 10,000.

*edited to close my tag*
Last edited by awip2062 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I don't believe I ever used such terminology directed toward the scientists themselves, however, I have stated that I am suspect of dating methods and believe it quite possible the earth is young, about 10,000.

I don't think the dating process is 100% accurate, but I think it has to be kind of close, at least. I just can't see human man, being alive that close to the dinosaurs.

Surely it takes a long time for bones to calcify to rock. If the first dinosaur was to went *POOF* on day 1, then grew to full size in say 3-4 years, then die *POOF* that leaves a lot of years in limbo. Coal to diamonds take pressure heat and time, right. Kind of the same thing.

How far have the Continents moved in recorded time? I tend to believe they took a longer amount of time than just 10,000 years to move like they did.

I don't know, I was making bongs and stuff in my science classes. :-D
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Coal to diamonds take pressure heat and time, right. Kind of the same thing.

Ever heard of lifegem hairy? they make cremated remains or hair locks into diamonds, in 6-9 months.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Sir Myghin wrote:Coal to diamonds take pressure heat and time, right. Kind of the same thing.

Ever heard of lifegem hairy? they make cremated remains or hair locks into diamonds, in 6-9 months.

Nope, never heard of that.

So is it natural, or some man made gizmo that allows it to go faster???
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Controlled labs can do amazing things, like make diamonds in exceptional times.
Fossils can be created in a hurry, too, and not just in the lab.
The movement of the continents is something that young earth scientists have proposed possible scenarios for as well (I will also mention here that I believe old earth scientists are proposing possible scenarios for what they believe happened. I believe that because no one was there, no one did see it, no one knows, but we have clues that we can look at and make educated guesses.)
I don't see why dinos and humans could not have coexisted, and think that they would be a good basis for all the dragon stories.

For making bongs and stuff you have thoughtful questions!
Walkinghairball

I don't see why dinos and humans could not have coexisted, and think that they would be a good basis for all the dragon stories.
So even with carbon dating inaccuracies, (sp), there is too much distance in the years proposed between them. Other than that yeah..........Dragon riders and such would be freakin cool. :-D
Controlled labs can do amazing things, like make diamonds in exceptional times.
As can the person who might have told someone a long long time ago to believe everything in this book or you will burn in hell for all eternity.

Just another possible look at it is all I mean by that last thing too.
For making bongs and stuff you have thoughtful questions!
Thank you for letting me try to figure some of this out. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I think The Good Book always bears another look and reconsideration as to whether one is getting what was meant to be gotten. Also that anyone who tries to convert someone through fear is going about it wrong.

Hey, Bro, it does me good to think on these things again myself.
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:Hey, Bro, it does me good to think on these things again myself.

Hey, you know me................. I have no faith issues at all. :roll: :lol:

*hugs kiddo*
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Faith, the final frontier. These are the questionings of the By-torian family.... ;-)
Walkinghairball

So....................what was this thread really about? :oops:
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I would like bongs much more if they didn't leave such a big carbon footprint.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

***This post taken down for the common good*** :-D
Last edited by CygnusX1 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

zepboy wrote:I would like bongs much more if they didn't leave such a big carbon footprint.
Sarcasm is one of my favorite things. Nice one, Zep! :lol:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball

Big Blue Owl wrote:
zepboy wrote:I would like bongs much more if they didn't leave such a big carbon footprint.
Sarcasm is one of my favorite things. Nice one, Zep! :lol:

I'm still laughing about that one Zep. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This space for rent