Questions

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Questions

Post by awip2062 »

Someone sent me this letter today and I thought he has some good questions so I figured I would post them here and see what we, of such variety of thought, have to answer, if anything.

I've included his name and e-mail in case any of us want to contact him directly.

"Washington state gives drivers licenses to illegal aliens. That means the state (especially the governor - she could order it stopped) is complicit in a federal crime. And, in refusing to pass legislation against it, the legislature becomes complicit in it to. But, that's not all.

While it is claimed those folks just want to better themselves so it's o.k. for them to break the law, statistics indicate at least one fourth of the inmates in our prisons are aliens. So, by giving them status and a cover with a driver's license, state officals are indirectly complicit in all kinds of crimes, including murder, rape, armed robbery.

So, what is the purpose of law anyway? Just to fatten the bank accounts of lawyers? It seems to me you either have law and order or you have anarchy. But then, maybe I just don't understand. I wish someone would set me straight on the subject. Rep. Ross Hunter says that if the illegals get licences they will buy insurance. Really? I don't think so. Why would they? And is that sufficient reason to thumb our collective noses at the law?

These are troubling questions. It's my understanding that the legislation to require valid ID is being held up by Judy Clibborn, chair of the house transportation committee. I would like to pose these questions to her, but do not have her E-mail.

Marv Chastain
marv@marvchastain.com"
Onward and Upward!