Swine Flu

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I have relatives in mexico and we had a hard time getting in contact with them when we first heard about the flu. Luckily we got a hold of a cousin who said things were pretty bad because they were not allowed to go out for anything including buying groceries. He reassured us that everybody is fine and hopes things will calm down. Luckily it looks like the paranoia is dying down and they are able to go out and do things like before.

I became terribly ill after a few days of the swine flu announcement. I started coughing friday evening and grew worse with fever, aches, etc. During work on monday I couldn't take it anymore and went to the doctor. Many people had masks on including those with symptoms. I was afraid of actually having the flu because I had the same symptoms they were talking about on telly. The doctor looked at me and reassured me that it was regular flu. She did a few tests and they came back negative. I was told to keep taking over the counter medicine and I would be alright.

In the meantime, while I was at the doctor, my job at humana closed down because they had two people with symptoms like me and sent everyone home while the entire building was cleaned with antibacterial stuff. The next day the building opened later in the morning but people had to wear the masks. I stayed home during that time because I still had strong symptoms and thought they'll just send me home if they hear me.

The good news is I am feeling so much better and will be ready to go to wales in june. :-)
I love my Welshman.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Glad you will be able to go!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Glad your feeling better RL! :) My "True Blood" buddy! :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
schuette

Post by schuette »

they said here wearing masks actually made it easier to catch it
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

How so?
schuette

Post by schuette »

the 'infection' or whatever they're called are small enough to go through the mask...when you wear a mask its hot and humid making it easier for the infection to take hold
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

schuette wrote:the 'infection' or whatever they're called are small enough to go through the mask...when you wear a mask its hot and humid making it easier for the infection to take hold
neat, I still think this is the biggest over reaction ever, its a pretty standard flu, just slightly more contagious.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I agree myg
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

schuette wrote:I agree myg
I've seen this twice now today, are you all sick :P?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Ahhh!......Ahhhhh!........Aaaaaachooooink!
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
schuette wrote:I agree myg
I've seen this twice now today, are you all sick :P?
I think she has the swine flu! ;-)
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

THIS THREAD IS INFECTED! GET OUT!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

My daughter has it. The doctor says the rest of us in the house should plan on getting it now too.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

paid vacation?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

ElfDude wrote:My daughter has it. The doctor says the rest of us in the house should plan on getting it now too.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not good. I wonder if my brother might have it too, (he's been sick with a bad cough for about two weeks now). And with him in my house, and no insurance...............gah!
This space for rent