Soldiers - Are They Heroes?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

zepboy wrote: I have all I can do just to find the light myself.
I'm with ya there.
zepboy wrote:But I do know this . . . recognizing that there is sin in this world is evidence of the Spirit of God. Left to our nature, we are not able to recognize sin, but default to carnal desires that refuse to acknowledge we do anything wrong.
I don't get recognition of sin being evidence of the Spirit of God, but that's cool. I see it more as being taught right from wrong and knowing which is which.................... then doing it. Whichever way IT is. :)
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

A big reason I believe is because I don't have enough faith to believe that this all came about by chance. The tiny specifications needed in so many areas (amount of gravity, distance from the sun, orbit of the planet, distance and size of the moon,....) in order for life to occur, the complexity of living organisms, even small, one-celled ones that have "machines" such as flagellum (in machine terminology flagella would be outboard motors) which have multiple parts each of which are necessary for function and without all parts just appearing in an organism all at the same time the machine would not work, unless of course, they were created by an intelligent being, the way a tree draws water from the soil and up to its highest branches,... I do not have the faith to believe that all these things just happened to come together by random chance, therefore I must believe that there is a creator. Of course, someone else might believe in a different creator than the one I do, but I believe in Him because of past experiences I have had that made me believe He is real and alive and working in my life today.

I don't see it as a cosmic joke, nor do I see my life as planned out. But I can't say that I understand Him, either. I guess that is as it should be, though, because if He is and if He is able to merely speak and create, wouldn't His mind be WAY more complex than mine? LOL

So, those are some of my thoughts. It really boils down to what I can and cannot accept on faith and experiences I have had.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Walkinghairball wrote:
zepboy wrote: I have all I can do just to find the light myself.
I'm with ya there.
zepboy wrote:But I do know this . . . recognizing that there is sin in this world is evidence of the Spirit of God. Left to our nature, we are not able to recognize sin, but default to carnal desires that refuse to acknowledge we do anything wrong.
I don't get recognition of sin being evidence of the Spirit of God, but that's cool. I see it more as being taught right from wrong and knowing which is which.................... then doing it. Whichever way IT is. :)
You humans know right from wrong? :-)
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

"Soldiers are not heroes" has been deleted.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

We're all mad here!