Sleeper song on S&A

A place to discuss the studio albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

doctorbraino

Sleeper song on S&A

Post by doctorbraino »

After listening to S&A hundreds of times, I find myself enjoying "Good News First" more and more. This often happens with Rush albums and what I refer to as "Sleepers". Good news first is another dark song that just hooked me in. Geddy does a superb job "singing" (yes, I think he really sings this one) and makes the song that much better. Alex plays a neat little part in the background that repeats itself throughout the song (much like the background guitar work in Virtuality). All in all, this song has jumped up in rankings and has earned itself a new deep appreciation by yours truly.
Did you ever wonder why "Happily ever after" never applied to you?
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

There are a few on there \:D/
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

I see what you're saying Draino...woops, sorry Braino. "Good News First" is a definite keeper. My sleepers on the album are "Bravest Face," "Malignant Narcism," and "We Hold On."

I guess late tracks end up being the sleepers, eh? Although, my favorite sleeper on T4E is "Half the World," which is at the beginning of the disc. Ah well.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright